Out With the Old?

In with the new? Not so fast. And no I'm not talking about your girlfriend. Yet ;) I'm hanging on to the DT1 and Tactical frame. And will continue to use this old bag in some situations.

The Hoodlum came today. What a great first impression! I looked it over for a few minutes, then went to work. It took me all of about 5 minutes to have the bag on the Duplex Light frame and on my back. Fit n finish is just what I expected. The ease of mounting the bag and lid on the frame was a breeze. The pouches were a snap too!

Gonna love the access from the zips! And I can still top load if I want. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear it was bigger that my DT1. But I do know better. The throat is what makes it appear bigger I think. You want to talk about a user friendly set up? I'm here to tell ya about it. Initial set up definitely gets an A+ ! Now the fun begins.

Loading her up and taking her for a ride is next. Ok......now I'm talking about your girlfriend. But tell her the rabbit done died for me will ya? ;)

Randle

WKR
Oh man I thought you were moving up to an EXO. Haha could not resist
Congrats its always fun to load up a new pack

Decker9

WKR
I’m still holding tight to my gen 1 DT1 bag, the day they make an oversize reckoning, I will upgrade lol. Just upgraded my frame from the Gen 1 duplex to the new duplex light, I haven’t had a chance to load it heavy yet, but it does feel comfier.

I sold a Kifaru Tahr and went to an Exo 4800. The Kifaru is a solid pack but the Exo system just fits me a little better.

I made the mistake of letting my DT1 go in search of the latest and greatest only to find her again and don't plan on letting her go. I believe it's truly the best "one and done" bag they've ever made and that's why its been discontinued. No need for other bags if you own a DT1. ;^) The only other bag I've found I like better is the AMR.

I hunt and backpack with my Bikini AMR simply because its a lighter weight set up. Train and do everything else with my Tactcal DT1.

CB4

WKR
Love my hoodlum. Only feature I wish it had Would be to have one of the side zips go all the way up,

OP
trophyhill
I made the mistake of letting my DT1 go in search of the latest and greatest only to find her again and don't plan on letting her go. I believe it's truly the best "one and done" bag they've ever made and that's why its been discontinued. No need for other bags if you own a DT1. ;^) The only other bag I've found I like better is the AMR.

I hunt and backpack with my Bikini AMR simply because its a lighter weight set up. Train and do everything else with my Tactcal DT1.

I truly was on the fence about buying another pack. I'd already purchased a Tactical frame for the DT1. Then bought another DT1 in like new condition, and a Duplex Light frame.
Then I noticed that the snow collar was cut off. Which basically makes it a T2 with a wider throat. I'll give the guy credit though, you can't tell he worked on it. But I like the snow collar so that's when my thoughts turned to the Reckoning, and the Hoodlum. I struggled choosing between the 2 but in the end, the similarities between the Hoodlum and the DT1 are what sold me. The Hoodlum really is like an improved version of the DT1 with zippers. Can't wait to get out in a couple weeks.

OP
trophyhill
Loaded for 8 days including 3L of water.
Attachments. Got lucky and got a discontinued

Standard Lid
2 small belt pouches on the standard lid
2 large belt pouches on the back
2 medium belt pouches on the belt
1 Duplex Light frame
1 Hoodlum bag

That's an 8 day hunt ready to happen at 52#.
I do not carry a spotter and tripod for elk. Only deer. Bow stays in hand.

I love the adjustability of the Duplex Light Frame over the Bikini all day long. There is still so much room left, I have no doubt I could get probably another 6 - 8 days of food and clothing in that bag. I am thoroughly impressed!

It's time to get it on! 🏹🏹🏹🏹IMG_20200717_004538347.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200717_004345822.jpg
    IMG_20200717_004345822.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20200717_004614508.jpg
    IMG_20200717_004614508.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 33
Find yourself a newer style DT1 and you’ll love the improvements. They did away with the snow collar and made the main bag slightly bigger with a larger top opening. Side sleeve and back pockets received some extra room and can be used while the main bag is stuffed full. No more worry about losing space to the pockets because of the main bag being filled up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk