Outdoor companies getting PPP loans

JGHunts

FNG
Screenshot_20200709-152430~2.png

The Small Business Administration recently made public all companies receiving Paycheck Protection Program loans in excess of 150K. Loans that will be most likely be forgiven. Here's a list of some outdoor companies who received money.

It just warms my heart to know that a portion of my tax money is going to help make sure the heads of these companies don't miss out on their next big money hunt.

One thing is for sure, they won't be getting any of my business.

OP
J

JGHunts

FNG
Why do you have a problem with it?
[/QUOTE

I can't speak for all them, but it seems their businesses had no problem operating through the pandemic. Demand for outdoor products and experiences is robust.

I may be old school, but it seems many in this country have no problem pushing their way to the front of the bread line when their pantry at home is full if you know what I mean.

Trial153

WKR
You been waiting 6 years to contribute that to this forum?

Those loans kept a lot of good people on the payroll who where put out of work though no fault of their own. If the loans are forgiven it will be because the criteria was met for forgiveness, which mean they kept people employed.

You been waiting 6 years to contribute that to this forum?

Those loans kept a lot of good people on the payroll who where put out of work though no fault of their own. If the loans are forgiven it will be because the criteria was met for forgiveness, which mean they kept people employed.

Well, thats the way its supposed to work.

I am not a fan of the handouts. It would be interesting to see proof from these companies that they actually needed the money.

satchamo

WKR
View attachment 195991

The Small Business Administration recently made public all companies receiving Paycheck Protection Program loans in excess of 150K. Loans that will be most likely be forgiven. Here's a list of some outdoor companies who received money.

It just warms my heart to know that a portion of my tax money is going to help make sure the heads of these companies don't miss out on their next big money hunt.

One thing is for sure, they won't be getting any of my business.

So did you return personal stimulus check to the government?

Bcleck90

WKR
Well, thats the way its supposed to work.

I am not a fan of the handouts. It would be interesting to see proof from these companies that they actually needed the money.

I don’t believe in handouts either, but here’s something to consider. A lot of smaller companies, including the company I work for, got hit hard with this and didn’t know what kind of time frame we were looking at. If you can use the money and use the money how it was designed to be used why not do that? What’s to say you survive the initial wave but it drags out or something else happens and now you can’t get it anymore. A lot of hard working, good people work for those companies I’m sure and if you can keep them employed I think you need to take the hand out feelings out of it.

It would be one thing if companies chose to shutdown and expected handouts. But in most cases they were forced to shutdown. Sure you could argue they should have emergency cash, but why should good companies that were financially prepared be punished for doing nothing wrong.

I don’t believe in handouts either, but here’s something to consider. A lot of smaller companies, including the company I work for, got hit hard with this and didn’t know what kind of time frame we were looking at. If you can use the money and use the money how it was designed to be used why not do that? What’s to say you survive the initial wave but it drags out or something else happens and now you can’t get it anymore. A lot of hard working, good people work for those companies I’m sure and if you can keep them employed I think you need to take the hand out feelings out of it.

Its a fine line. Im glad people potentially kept their jobs because of it. I am also certain many people took advantage and are still laughing about the free money. A lot of companies with deep pockets got these loans.

If SO was able to keep the employees who sewed by new pack on payroll, and those employees bought other stuff with the money in their pocket to help keep the economy afloat, I’m more than happy to see my tax dollars at work. I’ve got a quality new pack I‘m happy with and I need people out their buying products from my employer to ensure my currently-working-from-home-butt keeps employed, too.

OP
J

JGHunts

FNG
Do you have a link to all that received ppp loans? How many nonprofit and religious groups received them?

It's a big excel file. Best to use the sort and search functions to find what you're looking for. It's eye opening for sure. Loaded with churches, non profits, private schools, etc.

OP
J

JGHunts

FNG
Fair enough, hopefully they'll sort out the companies who needed it to pay employees from those who didn't during the loan forgiving process.