Outdoor Mancaves Must Haves

The Custom Home Must Haves thread had lots of good information, so I figured Id start a spinoff. I just built a 10 x 16 shed that is rapidly turning into a mancave /He Shed that was initial going to be a 4x8 lean-to to cover my grills. Besides storing my grill, flattop, and smoker, what else would you consider a must have in an outdoor mancave? shed.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210327_171807.jpg
    IMG_20210327_171807.jpg
    336 KB · Views: 132
OP
charlieyca
Got the wifi, recliner chair, no door but this side of backyard pretty block from the road and on a dead end street. Was leaning towards refigerator, but I drink more bourbon than beer

as.ks.ak

WKR
Not sure where you live or how you process game. But some hooks to hang and age meat will most certainly be on my shed rebuild list.

I’m actually taking it another step further and going to insulate a 5x5 corner and install one of those cooler monitors. This way I can get my quarters hung and then process when I’m ready. No more rushing around getting stuff cut up and in the fridge after a long weekend hunt. Get it hung, let it age, deal with it when I want.

Then, Ill also have a fleshing beam. But I imagine that’s not nearly as common a desire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
charlieyca
Im in Wilmington, NC so no outdoor hanging meat but I have thought about getting an old fridge for dry aging deer or cold smoking fish. Might let it double as beer fridge, hanging meat might keep wife and neighbor from drinking my beer.

I am currently working on remodeling an insulated part of my detached garage into a game room. It used to he a showroom so the setup is perfect for it. Has an office on the side of it and out the double door is the actual 2 stall garage. Plan on putting a professional dart setup for steel & soft tip boards, foosball, bar, fold out poker table, barn wood wall with deer mounts, definitely a TV, and possibly some furniture if I can fit it but don't want it to crowded. The actual garage has the tables, tools, and deer chain pulley hanging system already there along with some workout equipment. Need to get my shed moved to this house so I can clear up some space in the garage. Ive got some archery targets id like to set up in there by next winter (it gets cold in upstate NY to keep shooting outside). Got 15 yards in the garage so eventually id like to make a patio door in the back with an overhang just to hit 20 yards, lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Buck197

WKR
A hotshot, to fry the old lady on the ass like an ole heifer if she intrudes!!!

Azone

WKR
Sound system with a solid wet bar and a card table. A hammock or a real good recliner for the nights the front door is to far away would be good as well.

Mt Al

WKR
compressed air
big box fan
simple bluetooth or, better yet, simple cord-attached sound bar to hook up to your phone for tunes/pod casts with USB charger for same
bug light
motion lights depending on the neighborhood
paper towel dispenser and many refills of same
stacks of paper plates, plastic cups and plastic cultery. Doing dishes is for ninnies!
As stated: antlers. Antlers everywhere!
Old steel traps hung by the chain

plus, it's time to wire it proper: get it's own circuit in the breaker box, bury the wire from the house to code, plugs and switches and what not.

Shocked no one has mentioned this yet: black velvet backed Elvis art, like for sale at county fairs and gross road side stands. It WILL be the talk of the shed!
Poster of the General Lee airborne before the woke culture cancels all reprints.