Outdoor Mancaves Must Haves

DJF3864

FNG
Concrete floor, fans or some air movement device (split unit if you are closing it in), fridge and some type of cabinetry for storage.

OP
charlieyca
Deer hanging rack with a hand crank boat winch and gambrel.
Meat/fish cutting table, sink.
I have a similar shed at our hunting land with hanging hook and cleaning table so most prep gets done there is the peace and quiet of the woods (no electric though)

OP
charlieyca
Concrete floor, fans or some air movement device (split unit if you are closing it in), fridge and some type of cabinetry for storage.
Im leaning towards astroturf flooring, with pavers around edge. No sweeping or slick when its wet. My lowes list just got longer reading through all the suggestions

Im in Wilmington, NC so no outdoor hanging meat but I have thought about getting an old fridge for dry aging deer or cold smoking fish. Might let it double as beer fridge, hanging meat might keep wife and neighbor from drinking my beer.
Big Ass Fan and some misters...gonna be hot from now till Oct in the Carolinas, maybe a refrigerator sized thermacell...got my 1st bite from the SC state bird, mosquito, at the beginning of Feb. Deer flies be here in another month.

Last edited:

FLAK

WKR
Big Ass Fan and some misters...gonna be hot from now till Oct in the Carolinas, maybe a refrigerator sized thermacell...got my 1st bite from the SC state bird, mosquito, at the beginning of Feb. Deer flies be here in another month.
No lie, down here on the Gulf we get the Skeeters, Deer Flies and them dang gnats that go kamikaze in your eyeballs. Ball gnats I call em. Crawl in your ears too. Almost impossible to function outside when those things get going.

great thread! We're in the process of a new home and will need to finish a detached garage to create a cool hang out spot. Love seeing everyone's input.

Laramie

WKR
I built an 18 x 20 16 years ago and loved it. Had a bar, 55" TV on the wall, lots of mounts and pictures. 4 years ago my wife and I decided we had outgrown the space so we built a 30x40 with vaulted ceilings. Completely finished the inside so it is now an additional 1200 sq feet of nice living space. Complete with pool table, bar, 75" on the wall, bathroom, central heat and air, tons of mounts/pictures etc... all in for 39k doing a lot of the work myself. Of course that was before ridiculously priced lumber.

No lie, down here on the Gulf we get the Skeeters, Deer Flies and them dang gnats that go kamikaze in your eyeballs. Ball gnats I call em. Crawl in your ears too. Almost impossible to function outside when those things get going.
A little Dettol on the back of the neck will keep the gnats away from your eyes..works great for activities where scent is not an issue for fighting the black gnats. The bottle for 8 bucks on Amazon has lasted me a couple years.

The Custom Home Must Haves thread had lots of good information, so I figured Id start a spinoff. I just built a 10 x 16 shed that is rapidly turning into a mancave /He Shed that was initial going to be a 4x8 lean-to to cover my grills. Besides storing my grill, flattop, and smoker, what else would you consider a must have in an outdoor mancave? View attachment 278032
haha yes! i love it

FLAK

WKR
A little Dettol on the back of the neck will keep the gnats away from your eyes..works great for activities where scent is not an issue for fighting the black gnats. The bottle for 8 bucks on Amazon has lasted me a couple years

A little Dettol on the back of the neck will keep the gnats away from your eyes..works great for activities where scent is not an issue for fighting the black gnats. The bottle for 8 bucks on Amazon has lasted me a couple years.
Gonna have to give that a try.