Outdoor research ferrossi/equinox pants?

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
I want some stretchy water repellent comfortable pants. For hunting and town. Read alot about prana Zion but found out I get a deal on the outdoor research stuff. Checked them out and those pants are nylon/spandex dwr coated. Anyone have experience with them?

Goatie

Lil-Rokslider
I have the jacket and loved it on an elk hunt that rained all day. I was surprised how well it worked keeping me dry. Over a year of wear it has lost most of its repellency but I still love the jacket for cooler weather and as a windbreaker.

OP
J

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
They have slim and standard fits. Definitely don't want slim

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
This one has been covered quite a bit. I'm in the pro program as well and it's awesome.
I haven't owned them but tried these on and here was my breakdown.
"I went to the OR retail store and tried on the ferrosi and voodoo pant and asked them about differences.
Voodoo is more water resistant-wide margin
More durable- narrow margin
Skinnier cut-narrow margin
Better for warm fall or spring
Pockets on thigh
Double layer back of cuff (where you're heel would step on if too long)

Ferrosi
More breathable
Quicker drying
Better for summer
1 pocket on standard cargo spot of right leg.
Compared to prana Zion, both are more breathable, lighter, I'm told more durable, tighter cut. I can't tell about water resistance, quick drying or durability without using them.
I'll probably grab some voodoo's and ferrosi before another pair of Zions due to thick brush and common wet weather.
The feel of both pants is much better than Zions. A little tight for my liking but were like I was wearing PJs."

I took a pic of both in the dressing room and sent to my wife....you could see my dick. Very clearly. I'm not packing serious heat or anything. If you've got a major hog and plan on using them around town, be advised.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
Lmao great response. Do they both fit tight around thighs and ankles? I don't want skinny jeans bull shit in any way

SgtTanner

Lil-Rokslider
I own a few pairs of Ferrosi pants, and one pair of the shorts. For me, they're cut about right definitely not baggy, but I wouldn't call them snug either. If they were less stretchy, it might be a problem. They're super light and breathable, and they dry quickly. I don't think I have used them in any crazy rain storms, so I can't comment much on the DWR.

I also own Prana Zion and Zioneer pants. In comparing the two fabrics, I would say that the Prana feels more sturdy, though I have had no issues with durability on any of these pants. The Prana are also thicker, meaning I am more comfortable wearing them further into fall/early winter.

I do prefer the belt loops on the Prana pants (after I cut out that dumb belt replacement thingy). I wear a pretty thick leather belt and it's snug in the OR pants. And the belt loop position on the OR also isn't conducive to holster wear at the 3 o'clock ish position. So consider that if belt/holster use matters to you.

OP
J

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
Since it's a nice discount I'll prolly try one of them out. Also seeing about kuhl renegades to see if I can get a discount with them as well.

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
It's slim cut but not skinny jean type. As in it's not skinny around the ankles. I agree with others when I say it's not an issue because if the flex.
For me they were tightest on the thighs. For a 32" waist my legs might be a little bigger than average.
Here's a pic of the ferrosi I believe. Voodoo was tighter. I'm 5'9-10 175ish. Wearing a 32" w and 32l. Id buy a 30" length.
a2f5d84eb357f9997b73cc730708ffc6.jpg

conhawa

Lil-Rokslider
I love my ferrosi pants. I also just received 2 pair of equinox pants. They have some stretch, but not as much as the Ferrosi. The equinox are also slightly thinner.

OP
J

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
Will the pants fit over some boots? Like Wellington style or pull one?

TravisIN

WKR
It's slim cut but not skinny jean type. As in it's not skinny around the ankles. I agree with others when I say it's not an issue because if the flex.
For me they were tightest on the thighs. For a 32" waist my legs might be a little bigger than average.
Here's a pic of the ferrosi I believe. Voodoo was tighter. I'm 5'9-10 175ish. Wearing a 32" w and 32l. Id buy a 30" length.

Hahaa what the hell is going on here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

are you pulling your penis out and taking a selfie in this pic??? Just blacked it out for the rock sliders???

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
are you pulling your penis out and taking a selfie in this pic??? Just blacked it out for the rock sliders???
Hahaha it would look that way. I'm more of a finger out the zipper in a group pic than a real deal alone in a dressing room, kinda guy.
Sent this to my wife and she pointed out that they're pretty revealing so I spared myself the embarrassment.

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
I love my ferrosi pants. I also just received 2 pair of equinox pants. They have some stretch, but not as much as the Ferrosi. The equinox are also slightly thinner.
So I'm getting all 3 of these mixed up. Now there's a ferrosi crag version.
For someone who's only tried them on voodoo and ferrosi, what makes you pick equinox over ferrosi?

conhawa

Lil-Rokslider
So I'm getting all 3 of these mixed up. Now there's a ferrosi crag version.
For someone who's only tried them on voodoo and ferrosi, what makes you pick equinox over ferrosi?

I bought the Ferrosi pants years ago....and I just recently ordered 2 pairs of equinox to try. As far as comfort....I would have to give the nod to the Ferrosi. The Equinox are fine...nothing wrong with them..but I actually like the Ferrosi better.