Outdoor Research Gaiters

landont20

FNG
I just received these Verglas Gaiters for a Christmas present and I love them. They are light, fit great, and feels like a quality product. My only worry though is the noise. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has experience hunting with these, and if the noise has been an issue. Part of me feels like they will get quieter as they break in, but I would like to hear from those with experience.

Thanks for any help!

Shrek

WKR
I would like to hear about them also. I'm thinking of buying the cascadia gaiters off STP. With my $15 ecard they would be about $30 tyd. Too good to be true or a steal of a deal? OR has a good reputation so...

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I just received these Verglas Gaiters for a Christmas present and I love them. They are light, fit great, and feels like a quality product. My only worry though is the noise. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has experience hunting with these, and if the noise has been an issue. Part of me feels like they will get quieter as they break in, but I would like to hear from those with experience.

Thanks for any help!

I used them the past 2 years. 200+ days in the field they finally broke the bottom strap that goes under the foot. That said I've been in on 35+ animals in that time. Granted I only bow hunted one animal of those. But none of the animals heard me coming due to the gaiters. I often think that unless bow hunting the "noise" thing is over thought. LIke rain gear, if its raining hard enough to require rain gear, your noise is going to be quieted somewhat anyways. Seems to work out all right for me. I think for the money those Verglas gaiters are a pretty good deal. Lightweight and waterproof.

lorneparker1

Lil-Rokslider
I used them all this season and i love em. I use them almost every day duck hunting in flooded fields as well as i hate wearing waders in shin deep water

Lorne

dotman

WKR
When wet they get pretty quiet or quiet enough but yeah they seem noisy when dry. I use the OR crocs for all non hunting activity and have the Kuiu for hunting.

I have a plain Cordura type pair of OR gators that I have had for 10 or so years and I love them. I won't go out in the woods without them. I have used them for hiking, snowshoeing, hunting and on combat ops. Never failed me. One of the things that I do, and this is where I will get a ton of issues with most folks, is I wear my gators under my pants. Reason being is that I am not concerned about the pants, I am concerned with the top of my socks and boots getting wet and debris getting into them. Rain and snow falls down, not up so this works for me. It also keeps them quiet when I am out putting on the sneekie on an animal. Again, most of the things I do are a bit unorthodox, but I am ok with that.