Outdoor Research Pants

tlkaetz

WKR
Anyone have any experience with Voodoo or Ferrosi Pants? How is the fit?
My favorite pants for just about everything are the REI Screeline Pant. They are doscontinued. I am thinking about trying the OR Pants out.

I wear the Ferrosi pants year round probably 3+ days a week. They are one of my favorite clothing items ever made. I wear them hunting and fishing as well. I love them for wet wading in the summers fly fishing. They are very lightweight, so don’t expect much warmth but I’ve had them in pretty cold temps with a thick base layer and didn’t regret it. They are slim in the thigh and ass and straight down to the ankle with a draw cord at the ankle. If you get the Ferrosi CRAG pants they are noticeably slimmer. Almost too slim and I like my clothes well fitting. But I like them too. Um, what else. Durability is good. I haven’t had a pair rip or tear or bust a zipper or anything. Pockets are on the small side. I ordered the same size pants I wear in everything else and they run pretty true. I tried to find some pics and these are the best I could do

Last edited:
OP
tlkaetz

tlkaetz

WKR
I wear the Ferrosi pants year round probably 3+ days a week. They are one of my favorite clothing items ever made. I wear them hunting and fishing as well. I love them for wet wading in the summers fly fishing. They are very lightweight, so don’t expect much warmth but I’ve had them in pretty cold temps with a thick base layer and didn’t regret it. They are slim in the thigh and ass and straight down to the ankle with a draw cord at the ankle. If you get the Ferrosi CRAG pants they are noticeably slimmer. Almost too slim and I like my clothes well fitting. But I like them too. Um, what else. Durability is good. I haven’t had a pair rip or tear or bust a zipper or anything. Pockets are on the small side. I ordered the same size pants I wear in everything else and they run pretty true. I tried to find some pics and these are the best I could do
e000bdf49da6dbf4413353c9f6a72770.jpg

bca607d158405418db62c9671df18f44.jpg

dccb33f0d3e19561396ddb0e6eedd3cd.jpg
Awesome! Thank you for all the info!

I’ll echo what fight said.
I found a good deal on eBay and figured I’d give em a shot next to the wranglers. When I got them in the mail I was unsure what was in the package it was so small...

Very comfortable, pockets are a little small, I haven’t tested mine as thoroughly at fight but I intend to give them a shot this season.
Fits good, I’m kind of between sizes at the moment, my old 36’s are falling off but I’m not a 34 in non stretch pants but the eBay sale was for 34’s so I gambled. They don’t seem like they are stretching to accommodate me but I could be wrong. I’m 6’2” and the 32” inseam is fine.

GPool1842

WKR
Cool, I have been looking for a good pair of pants besides the Prana Zion to wear on boundary waters trip in May. Just ordered some on sale!

Snowy

Lil-Rokslider
I've worn Ferrosi's a bunch for the last 5 years or so. Tough to beat IMO for about May-Sept for me. They are tough enough, but will start to "fuzz up" over time. Not a problem per se, just a function of being on the light and stretchy end of the softshell continuum. The shorts are great every day wear for summer too.

Snowy

Lil-Rokslider
I Should add I am generally a 34x34 and I have to go 36" in these to get the thigh big enough, despite being pretty regular build in the thigh/butt.

GPool1842

WKR
I Should add I am generally a 34x34 and I have to go 36" in these to get the thigh big enough, despite being pretty regular build in the thigh/butt.

34 length, how are the ferrosi on you? They don’t offer ong in these pants. I am 34 length also..

Snowy

Lil-Rokslider
Good question. The 36's have a 33" inseam which is fine for me because they "drape" nicely...man that sounds fruity. I wouldn't (and don't) dry them hot in the dryer though.

They are good enough size-wise for me that I have a couple pairs for the field and just bought another to wear around the office. My only issue is that when I'm pretty lean the waist bunches a little in the 36's, but I need them to get the thigh big enough.

thebest3

Lil-Rokslider
Vodoo is awesome for everyday wear/ hunting. I have several pair and wear them pretty often. Ferrosi pant is pretty thin and super stretchy.good for summer but you will feel everything it touch along the trail. Only have them for a year, so far it seen durable...

thebest3

Lil-Rokslider
As far as size. I wear sitka ascent in 34 but these 32 fit me perfect with a bit more room. There another model of outdoor research pant forget which model but 32 was tight so I return those.

Lawnboi

WKR
The ferosi is my go to warm weather pant.

Very thin, stretchy, fairly athletic fit, I’d caution you if your bigger in the legs. Good solid pants.

Can’t speak on the voodoo.
OR stuff can be pretty hit or miss for me. The ferosi pant is a winner though. Especially if you can get them at a discount

Kotaman

WKR
Another huge fan of the REI Screeline. So disappointed they discontinued. I lost a bunch of weight and mine don’t fit me anymore. I have since converted to the Eddie Bauer Guide Pro Pant and really like them. I have no experience with the pants you list but did just order a pair of Black Diamond Alpine Lite pants to try..