Outdoor Research?

frankrb3

WKR
I've used their gaiters and cold weather mittens which are both made in the USA and perform extremely well. They also market their "infinity warranty" which sounds like they will replace you're product no matter what forever. Anyone coming from a hunting background have experience with their clothing components and this warranty? They even sell some things in coyote brown and other suitable colors for the field. Just seems like a good company to start investing in for clothing.

OP
F

frankrb3

WKR
I have been a fan of OR for a while now. Great stuff for when camo is not a necessity.

Exactly what I am thinking .This year I picked up a first lite phantom leafy top (fusion) with the idea of wearing it over non-camouflaged gear. Gonna see how it works out but hopefully it will allow me to buy good outdoor gear from companies like O.R. who don't sell in camouflage.

Dameon

WKR
Outdoor Research is great stuff and they sell a lot of their gear in natural earth tone colors that I would not have any problems wearing while hunting. In fact, I do use their Transcendent puffy vest for hunting and keep it in my pack all the time. Their gloves are great and I ordered another pair with my REI dividend last night.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I concur, probably my favorite non-hunting brand. Well designed and a great variety of options for all kinds of mountain sports. They even make some of their gear in Coyote and Multicam.

Savage99

WKR
I have some hot weather items from OR that I could not live without when I lived in FL. Favorite pieces to include half finger sun gloves, sleeves, and a hat with wider brim at the back. Mostly fishing use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FreeRange

WKR
They sell great stuff. I like their helium jacket as a just in case rain shell, planning to get a foray jacket when my current heavy duty hard shell bites the dust. Already have the foray pants and love them. Their ferrosi jacket is my favorite "soft shell"/wind shirt I have for late season stuff. As far as non hunting companies go they're my favorite mostly due to how reasonably priced their gear is.

excaliber

WKR
I bought a Ferrosi wind shirt that is a tan color on here a while back. I'm just now starting to use it for hiking the hills. It does a great job of toning down the wind. In temps around 40-45 degrees with 15-20 mph winds it does great. I like it so much I'm thinking about picking up the hooded Ferrosi jacket when I find one on sale in Coyote.

OP
F

frankrb3

WKR
I've been looking at the ferrosi wind shirt, foray jacket and pants, cathode puffy and their merino wool long sleeve. The idea of a gortex rain jacket and pant with their infinity warranty sounds awesome. I'm always trying to baby my rain gear in the woods because it's expensive and seems to be the easiest thing to ruin. Glad to see so many other fans of outdoor research.

Phenomenal company in the mountaineering sphere. Great for hunting too. I love their stuff in coyote brown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk