Outdoor Vision Ridgetop 2.0

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
Nobody? Come on, you guys usually try chit before it hits the shelves, let alone something already available to the public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m also hopeful that somebody has used this. It appears similar to the fully enclosed marsupial gear harness. And I already have the OV harness that I love but want a separate spot for my tags. Currently trying to figure out how to add one on the backside. Anyway, would love some reviews from real world users too as I’m due for a new one and want to support them. They’ve been a great group of guys to work with in the past.

ChrisAU

WKR
Wish they'd make a non-magnetic version with the same structure. I've considered putting my 1.0 under the knife and see what I can make happen. I don't see enough differences in the original and the new 2.0 to warrant buying one.

The one thing that I like on the newer version from what I can see is the “pocket” one of my biggest gripes with this harness was that I felt like it needed a place to put my tags. I fixed this by adding a stick on pocket on the inside. As for the phone pocket, I currently slide my cell phone in the front zip pocket and let it stick out the top. It’s works well but would like the more protected version of the newer harness. Now to just find one in stock…

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
Wish they'd make a non-magnetic version with the same structure. I've considered putting my 1.0 under the knife and see what I can make happen. I don't see enough differences in the original and the new 2.0 to warrant buying one.

You got them alligator arms that can’t reach your compass out beyond your bino harness

ChrisAU

WKR
You got them alligator arms that can’t reach your compass out beyond your bino harness

My phone once affected by a magnet can take a while to reset itself, and you can no longer recalibrate the compass yourself on an iPhone. Its not just moving it back and forth. I've been very frustrated standing in a swamp where everything looks the same for hundreds of yards in each direction.

Last edited:
i like they added molle attachments on the bottom... i wonder if you could attach a razco to that without getting the universal...

now i'm a little torn... have the OV now and like it, but need another harness, i was going to go with marsupial, but this complicates things.

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
i like they added molle attachments on the bottom... i wonder if you could attach a razco to that without getting the universal...

now i'm a little torn... have the OV now and like it, but need another harness, i was going to go with marsupial, but this complicates things.

I bought one. Should be here this morning. I’ll see if I can make a comparison of the new one and old one some time this weekend.

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
The 2.0 is definitely more streamlined, ridged, and appears to sit closer to the body.

The magnets are stronger.

The top flap that is usually readily accessible to grab and open your pouch now has a magnet in it and it folds over the top / back about an inch to better secure the lid. When this is on, it could probably be left up so it’s easier to grab, and tucked down for hands and knees stalking to better secure the lid.

The little zippered pocket that holds the rain fly is still on the bottom, but the pocket runs up the back side of the pouch instead of underneath.

It seems a hair smaller than my first version. The size medium does not fit my sig kilo3000 range-finding binos very well. Not deep enough and it seems too short. Medium was suggested on their sizing guide. I will be sending it back, and I’m not sure if I will purchase a large replacement or not.

All in all it seems like a great harness.

7e8fe18873a2e603a5ab44029955965b.jpg

68ce8e1ad5a67e74e4eadcf549ab8051.jpg

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
The 2.0 is definitely more streamlined, ridged, and appears to sit closer to the body.

The magnets are stronger.

The top flap that is usually readily accessible to grab and open your pouch now has a magnet in it and it folds over the top / back about an inch to better secure the lid. When this is on, it could probably be left up so it’s easier to grab, and tucked down for hands and knees stalking to better secure the lid.

The little zippered pocket that holds the rain fly is still on the bottom, but the pocket runs up the back side of the pouch instead of underneath.

It seems a hair smaller than my first version. The size medium does not fit my sig kilo3000 range-finding binos very well. Not deep enough and it seems too short. Medium was suggested on their sizing guide. I will be sending it back, and I’m not sure if I will purchase a large replacement or not.

All in all it seems like a great harness.

7e8fe18873a2e603a5ab44029955965b.jpg

68ce8e1ad5a67e74e4eadcf549ab8051.jpg

Why would you not be buying a different size to replace that one? I reached out to them a few months back in regards to some of the personal issues I had with the one I bought last year and they informed me they’d be coming out with an updated version to address the issues I personally had (apparently I wasn’t alone) It looks interesting enough but I’ve come to really like my enclosed marsupial so we shall see if I end up ordering one of these.

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
Why would you not be buying a different size to replace that one? I reached out to them a few months back in regards to some of the personal issues I had with the one I bought last year and they informed me they’d be coming out with an updated version to address the issues I personally had (apparently I wasn’t alone) It looks interesting enough but I’ve come to really like my enclosed marsupial so we shall see if I end up ordering one of these.

Because I don’t think the next size up will have the width / depth to comfortably hold my sigs…..the next size up has the same dimensions, only taller. It’s a tighter more ridged case, which is good, but it’s width is 2 1/4” and my sigs, laid flat, not folded a bit to fit my eyes, are 2.5”, so even more when folded. Does that make sense? The previous model has the same dimensions, but this one is a bit more ridged……I’m also wondering if the cover being placed in the back side of the pouch is also taking up some interior width room. I’m going to call either way to discuss with them. If I had other binos, yes, I would choose those case over the previous model.

I really think all manufactures need to make a size specific for binos with built in rangefinders.

Last edited:
Because I don’t think the next size up will have the width / depth to comfortably hold my sigs…..the next size up has the same dimensions, only taller. It’s a tighter more ridged case, which is good, but it’s width is 2 1/4” and my sigs, laid flat, not folded a bit to fit my eyes, are 2.5”, so even more when folded. Does that make sense? The previous model has the same dimensions, but this one is a bit more ridged……I’m also wondering if the cover being placed in the back side of the pouch is also taking up some interior width room. I’m going to call either way to discuss with them. If I had other binos, yes, I would choose those case over the previous model.

I really think all manufactures need to make a size specific for binos with built in rangefinders.

appreciate the feedback! i took my rain fly out of my OV harness right away and used that rain fly pocket for more storage, because i have always worn my binos under my rain jacket in nasty weather... the rain fly works, but water still comes down the back and saturates the harness, which makes the whole thing damp, which can lead to some fogging issues... probably not much of a consideration to most, but here on the coast, we can get day after day of hard rain, and just keeping my whole harness dry is a big deal to me, so the fly thing doesn't bother me.

i use the rain fly to throw over my binos when they are on the tripod and i want to wait out a rain shower without breaking down the tripod (and i use one to put over my boat electronics as well)

the 2.0 looks like it might be my next harness, i love my gen 1.... it's not perfect, but for my needs, i like it better than most. the marsupial is the only other one i was leaning towards, but it just looks like it would take a long time to dry when it gets wet, the OV dries pretty quick.

i thought the stone glacier harness was going to be "the 1" but there are a few things i hate about that harness, so the search continues... the new OV harness looks to be about as good as it gets for me with the current offerings.... for now ;)

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
Still haven’t talked to anyone, but they’re responding via email and trying to help me out. Keep this post posted!

Last edited:
OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
These guys have been a great help once I found the right phone number and email. I will definitely be an OV customer in the future.

Last edited:

rm06

WKR
These guys have been a great help once I found the right phone number and email. I will definitely be an OV customer in the future.

I'm glad they were able to get you sorted out. Thanks for the review tho I imagine you are in the minority here, running combo binoc/range finder.

I'm always interested in new bino harnesses, especially those that push the envelope with new ideas.