Outdoor Vitals Atlas Hybrid 0° Sleeping Bag Review, By Casey Streepy

casey58

FNG
I've been mulling these over for while. At 6'2" i need a long. The hybrid saves me $50 over the 100% down on zero degree temp ratings. Anybody have advice to help get me off the fence?

I live in WA and we get a lot of moisture. Synthetic will save your life in very wet conditions, in my opinion its worth the extra weight and size. If you are worried about weight and room in your pack go with down.

casey58

FNG
Why do you prefer synthetic to down for this particular hunt?
I went with synthetic because of the season dates and the possibility of bad weather that the area is known for. Down is nice at times but to me it isn't worth the risk in bad weather. If down gets wet in those conditions your options are hypothermia or hiking out.

Gettincloser

Lil-Rokslider
I am leaning in this direction but for the 15 degree bag. Any updates or additional thoughts?

casey58

FNG
I am leaning in this direction but for the 15 degree bag. Any updates or additional thoughts?

I’m still impressed with this bag. I’ve used it on several more trips and I plan on taking it on all 3 of my late season hunts this year. I’m not a fan of the center zip but that’s my only complaint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dmr400

FNG
I’m still impressed with this bag. I’ve used it on several more trips and I plan on taking it on all 3 of my late season hunts this year. I’m not a fan of the center zip but that’s my only complaint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did the bag do? Thanks

Dmr400

FNG
Still holding up with no issues. I have yet to get cold in it, I've been in weather down in single digits but nothing below zero yet.
Thank you, sounds like a winner to me! Zero is too dang cold for me!