Outdoor Vitals Atlas Hybrid 0° Sleeping Bag Review, By Casey Streepy

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Casey-Bear.jpg

Please give a warm Rokslide welcome to Casey Streepy! Casey (Casey58) has enjoyed backpack hunting for many years throughout the archery and rifle seasons. His favorite animal to pursue is black bear because of the scenic locations in which they live. Outside of hunting season, you can catch him backpacking around Washington with his daughter in his pack.

Outdoor Vitals Atlas Hybrid 0° Sleeping Bag Review

Last edited:

Timnterra

Lil-Rokslider
Glad to see someone has actually used an outdoor vitals product. I’ve been looking at their down bags and nervous about buying one because of the lack of reviews.

zacattack

WKR
You said it was tight around your knees. I tend to move around a lot during the night. Think I would have problems? I’ve been considering one of these

casey58

FNG
You said it was tight around your knees. I tend to move around a lot during the night. Think I would have problems? I’ve been considering one of these
I also move around a lot. I only noticed the tightness around the knees when I first got in it at home. I didn't notice it at all out hunting, I don't think you would have any issues.

smoke

Lil-Rokslider
Good review Casey. I was so inspired I ordered a quilt from OV which arrived yesterday. Should work great for my uses and the price was solid. Thanks for pointing me their way! Best, Don

casey58

FNG
Good review Casey. I was so inspired I ordered a quilt from OV which arrived yesterday. Should work great for my uses and the price was solid. Thanks for pointing me their way! Best, Don
Thanks! Let me know how you like that quilt once you get a chance to test it out.

Hunter2

FNG
Thanks for the great review. I’ve been looking at getting an EE or Viam quilt and I hadn’t heard of OV until now. Definitely like their prices

wmd

Lil-Rokslider
I appreciate your review. I need to buy a sleeping bag for an upcoming hunt and was considering another brand. After reading your review and looking at their website I do believe this bag will be my choice.
wmd

casey58

FNG
Thanks for the great review. I’ve been looking at getting an EE or Viam quilt and I hadn’t heard of OV until now. Definitely like their prices
I had been using a EE quilt for several years. If the OV quilts are on par with this sleeping bag I don't see how you could go wrong.

Thanks for the review! I need to upgrade my sleep system for my hunt this fall and have been looking hard at OV. I do wish they had a way to attach to a pad though.

Ryan_1129

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Casey appreciate the review. I was wondering with the center zip is it nearly impossible to unzip and stick your leg out if you get warm?

Superdoo

WKR
I've been mulling these over for while. At 6'2" i need a long. The hybrid saves me $50 over the 100% down on zero degree temp ratings. Anybody have advice to help get me off the fence?