Outdoor Vitals Clothing Kickstarter

twall13

WKR
Anyone see the Outdoor Vitals kickstarter campaign that just got launched today? Some items feel very much like they borrowed some ideas from Kuiu. Pants using Toray fabric with hip vents, 3/4 length zip off bottoms using Nuyarn, etc. Curious what everyone else thinks. I'm not trying to start a thread bashing them or any other clothing manufacturing company, I'm just curious what everything thinks about the product line. I purchased a mummy bag from Outdoor Vitals on a sale recently but that is my only experience with the company and even that bag was for my wife so it's too short for me but the quality seems to be decent. A pretty good value for the price, really. The kickstarter prices probably aren't enough to entice me to give the clothing a try at this point but I'd love to hear what others think, especially as they get released in the fall.

Here's the link to the kickstarter for those who are curious: Satu Pants and Dragon Wool Kickstarter

Last edited:

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Interesting. I wonder how competitive the price will be. The pant colors look nice. Hip vent zippers are hidden giving them a cleaner look.

Nice looking pants.

They look like they are high quality and are put together very nicely.
They say MSRP @ $150

I may have to give it a go now at 99.
I just bought a boatload of hiking pants this last week :LOL:

The pants look very interesting, but $100 is a $60 more than I have ever spent on pants.

OP
twall13

twall13

WKR
Ya, I was hoping the kickstarter price would put them closer to Prana Zion pricing and I would have given them a go. They look like a pretty good all around outdoor pant.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ya, I was hoping the kickstarter price would put them closer to Prana Zion pricing and I would have given them a go. They look like a pretty good all around outdoor pant.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I was not expecting that price. Outdoor Vitals generally has gear that is a much better value than brands you’d find in stores like REI so this really surprised me. I was all onboard until I saw the price at the end.

rj2

WKR
I was surprised by the prices too. They have a nice looking zip off merino base layer now, looks a lot like Kuiu pro merino 200 pants, but they are i think the same price on the kickstarter as the kuiu, so after the kickstarter i would guess 30-50% higher price than the kuiu pro merino zip offs.

Benjblt

WKR
Anyone see the Outdoor Vitals kickstarter campaign that just got launched today? Some items feel very much like they borrowed some ideas from Kuiu. Pants using Toray fabric with hip vents, 3/4 length zip off bottoms using Nuyarn, etc. Curious what everyone else thinks. I'm not trying to start a thread bashing them or any other clothing manufacturing company, I'm just curious what everything thinks about the product line. I purchased a mummy bag from Outdoor Vitals on a sale recently but that is my only experience with the company and even that bag was for my wife so it's too short for me but the quality seems to be decent. A pretty good value for the price, really. The kickstarter prices probably aren't enough to entice me to give the clothing a try at this point but I'd love to hear what others think, especially as they get released in the fall.

Here's the link to the kickstarter for those who are curious: Satu Pants and Dragon Wool Kickstarter
They look exactly like Kuiu's stuff. I said as much on their YouTube videos.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk