• The fourm is under constrution. Thanks for your patience

Outdoor Vitals MummyPod Sleep System Review, By Matt Cashell

fng4life

This will get me to try hammocking. I have an ul suspension and hammock but can’t justify the quilts when 90% of the time I’m on the ground. I see no risk as it looks like a great bag which I need anyway.

How well does it compress compared to a normal bag of similar specs?

Wouldn’t mind seeing more OV products reviewed. They have a couple puffy jackets...just saying.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
How well does it compress compared to a normal bag of similar specs?
It is similar to down bags of the same rating. It does come with a useable compression sack too, which is a nice touch.

Wouldn’t mind seeing more OV products reviewed. They have a couple puffy jackets...just saying.
Me too. I am interested in the new down puffy especially. The MummyPod, for its foibles, really shows Outdoor Vitals is really looking outside the box for new and useful products for the backcountry.

fng4life

I’ve followed the brand for awhile and they are quick to update an innovate. Not a brand focused on hunting but I can see them getting some market share with their price points. General purpose, value, unique features, supporting small business they’ll be getting some money from me.

bobinmi

I'd like to see the mummy pod offered with a synthetic fill. Cool concept. I bet you could solve the top insulation issue by bringing poncho liner or woobie into the bag with you.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve followed the brand for awhile and they are quick to update an innovate. Not a brand focused on hunting but I can see them getting some market share with their price points. General purpose, value, unique features, supporting small business they’ll be getting some money from me.
The owner is a big time hunter. Had a great bull in our photo contest this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk