Outdoor Work Pants

I can’t speak to quality of construction (seam stitching etc) anymore but I really like Cabelas Microtex as a fabric. It is as tough or tougher than denim and dries much easier. I use them for lots of grouse and woodcock hunting in the thick stuff and haven’t had a hole in them.

TrailDog

FNG
Same question...but for winter use?? I'm looking for something that handles a decent amount of woods abuse, doesn't break the budget (or if it does, lasts a season or 2), and can be worn on extended snow missions. Lots of the guys I work with run expensive wool pants (Filson, LLBean, Woolrich) but I believe it's more of a style/nostalgia preference than actually running the best gear.

Same question...but for winter use?? I'm looking for something that handles a decent amount of woods abuse, doesn't break the budget (or if it does, lasts a season or 2), and can be worn on extended snow missions. Lots of the guys I work with run expensive wool pants (Filson, LLBean, Woolrich) but I believe it's more of a style/nostalgia preference than actually running the best gear.
Wrangler Fleece lined ATG pants. Not the best with Briars, but should be usable for several seasons. Or Eddie Bauer fleece lined pants if you want to pay more for the name.

S-3 ranch

WKR
Waxed canvas pants

vtmooser

FNG
Try carhartt's logger jeans. With the double fronts you still have protection with the inner layer. They usually hold up for me as a roofing contractor for a year.

B

Brando'

Brando'

FNG​

The wrangler Riggs ranger pants are the best pant I’ve ever worn. On Amazon they are $40. I’m a forester so I’m hiking up mountains year round and busting through brush. They last a year if wearing them hard. I have about 6 pairs and rotate them. They last much longer that way. They are stiff but after several wears they loosen up and are very comfortable. And they have cargo pockets. I don’t know why anyone would ever want a work pant without cargo pockets. Not too hot to wear in Virginia summers. I agree with one guy if you need more protection wear some leather chaps. That’s what I used to do when I worked in the coastal plain where there was a lot of briars and blackberry bushes. Best pant ever.

*zap*

WKR
I destroy pants at work. My favorite are surplus combat pants with knee pad pockets. The downside is the camo and comments.
acu digital gets more comments than multicam thou.

one comment was that camo is intimidating......it seems to be a soy boy world out there.

crrakcrrak

Lil-Rokslider
I switched to Lees a while ago cause Levi's kept giving me the same issue. Haven't had a crotch blow out in a long while since making the switch