Outdoorsman pistol grip question

colersu22

WKR
I have been looking at getting the outdoorsman pistol grip to put on my promaster xc525c tripod and replace my benro s2 head. I was wondering if the Panner attachment is needed or if you can use just the pistol grip? I think I need to order the outdoorsman adapter app I can screw that in the tripod and mount he pistol grip on top of that since I believe the promaster is 1/4” and not 3/8” which the pistol grip is 3/8”

so is the Panner needed? Is it worthwhile getting at the same time as the pistol grip?

thanks,

chris

JDB9818

WKR
I have the pistol grip attachment and a pan head from Outdoorsmans. I run the pistol grip with the panner when using my 15’s and I feel that’s the best setup when using binoculars only. The panner makes for quick attachment and really enhances the pistol grip when glassing.

I personally don’t think you’d get the most out of the pistol grip or enjoy it as much without the pan head. JMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brewski

Lil-Rokslider
The panner is very helpful and I would recommend it. The best feature the panner adds for me is you can move the binos with your nose instead of having to keep holding the pistol grip. I also recommend calling or live chatting with outsdoorsmans to figure out the mounting and screws between the tripod and grip. Also when I chatted with them before purchase they knocked 10% off.

Sent from my coral using Tapatalk

OP
colersu22

colersu22

WKR
Thanks guys, I will give them a call this week and discuss everything.