Outdoorsman tripods/heads

Midas06

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys and gals, curious for feedback as to if outdoorsman products are worth the money compared to other tripods/heads. Thanks

Baddog

WKR
I’ve got a outdoorsman set up. Have had for quite awhile. Quality stuff but I can’t afford to compare it to anything else but I’d buy it again

Wolf_trapper

Lil-Rokslider
I have a big death grip, it's handy but Christ, it's heavy. I'd like to get another tripod to shoot off of that's lighter but isn't $700. Any recommendations?

Rcol317

FNG
Classified Approved
Great company and great products. I bought one of the early tripods and something broke. I took it in to get repaired and Floyd Green the owner was there. He said the new ones have lots of improvement so he said "leave it with us and will get ip upgraded for you" Called me a few days later and had a relative new improved tripod. Great company, I've bought many product over the years.

ckrhtr

FNG
I really like the pistol grip with the panner for my binoculars, it is probably my favorite. Not sure if I would purchase the pan head again if given the choice.

Bino adapter & stud have been rock solid. Pan head is super smooth and the tension control on axis is better than others I have tried. Had mine for 5 years w/o any issues.

MattB

WKR
high quality products but make sure you carry the allen keys that fit the tripod hardware with you as friends who have used them for a long time said they tend to rattle loose over time.

Long time user. Couldn't be happier with the tripod and jim white head. Also running one of their bino adapters and love it too.
I've abused the F out of mine and it's still going strong with no issues or maintenance.
Buy once cry once.

Pocoloco

Lil-Rokslider
Love the pistol grip and pan attachment with binos. Well worth the money and weight.

Attachments

• 7B806ACE-3F67-4481-8019-629D3F3A4B55.jpeg
    7B806ACE-3F67-4481-8019-629D3F3A4B55.jpeg
    647 KB · Views: 21

ppt2211

FNG
I have recently tried a tripod without center column, and it has a big difference in stability. I would shop for something like the leupold pro guide.

Fitzwho

WKR
Pretty much the same here. The pistol grip head with the quick connect panner and bino stud/adapter. Have several plates for camera, spotting scope, Spartan Davros Head, chronograph, etc.

had the setups for years. Nothing I can complain about.

Vaultman

WKR
Have the old medium tripod (one extension), the micro pan head, bino adapter, bino stud, and a balance rail for my spotter.
Only one negative... The system is proprietary. Their attachment system is perfect for hunting, but arca is better for photography.