Outdoorsmans Atlas Trainer Pack Review, By Jim Carr

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
So many of us use our packs loaded with weight for training for our backcountry hunts. It's a great way to ready our bodies for the mountains. Some downsides do exist though. It puts extra wear and tear on our expensive hunting packs and sometimes it can be hard to get water or sandbags to balance properly in our packs.

20190607_173148.jpg

That's why the Outdoorsmans Atlas Trainer was designed. Its sole purpose is to carry weight plates for training. Jim Carr has been using it this year to keep himself in mountain shape. Below is his review.

Outdoorsmans Atlas Trainer Pack Review

Mcmahonff

FNG
Have you noticed any plastic fatigue near the mounting bracket. I hauled weight on my pack for training prior to the Atlas product being available and noticed that the plastic near the middle of the frame cracked.

Outdoorsmans was incredible when i stopped by their store and had them check it out. They warrantied the product and had a new frame shipped to me overnight for free.

SWOHTR

WKR
Just FYI for people, this also exists. Never used it just letting you know.

Elnicko

WKR
Think the plate holder could be mounted to a kifaru frame? The Outdoorsmans frame isn’t nearly as comfortable as a kifaru frame and the frame hits the back of my head when doing push-ups.

Jim Carr

Super Moderator
Staff member
Think the plate holder could be mounted to a kifaru frame? The Outdoorsmans frame isn’t nearly as comfortable as a kifaru frame and the frame hits the back of my head when doing push-ups.
I'm not sure.You may need to adjust the straps .I have it adjusted pretty tight with very little movement. It doesn't shift up towards my head when doing pushups though I do have to keep my head sqaure without tilting my head back.

Elnicko

WKR
So I went for it and mounted the atlas trainer to a kifaru frame and am much happier with it. Pretty easy to do. You just need to drill four screw holes and a 2” hole for the post. Then slap some Velcro on top to connect the padding. Took about a half hour and was worth it in my opinion.79C3E6B5-0807-4A41-BE60-4E15E7D53BBA.jpeg59156CAD-4723-4B26-B28F-ACE6421BD166.jpeg