Outdoorsman's Atlas Trainer

Anyone use the Atlas Trainer?
I want to get one but have other preferences when it comes to a frame and don't care to own two.
Having a hard time justifying spending three hundred bucks just for something that only use in the offseason.
Any alternatives in the market that people have used?

More importantly, anyone want to get rid of theirs for cheap? 😁

SWOHTR

WKR
Rogue has a similar product for $130.
Yes, never used it but here’s the link.

Yes, never used it but here’s the link.

I use the Load Trainer. It's not the most comfortable thing in the world as anyone who's carried an Alice pack knows. I've loaded it up to 115# for 3.5mi and 700 vert ft of gain/loss. I've carried 80# for 1,780 vert ft of gain/loss over 12mi.

SWOHTR

WKR
I use the Load Trainer. It's not the most comfortable thing in the world as anyone who's carried an Alice pack knows. I've loaded it up to 115# for 3.5mi and 700 vert ft of gain/loss. I've carried 80# for 1,780 vert ft of gain/loss over 12mi.
Good to know, thanks for the info and it confirmed what I was thinking. Do you think the plate carrier is removable and capable of being fit on a different pack frame?

Good to know, thanks for the info and it confirmed what I was thinking. Do you think the plate carrier is removable and capable of being fit on a different pack frame?
It's not adjustable. If the frame isn't the same size as an Alice frame it won't fit. Even if it fit I wouldn't bolt it to my Eberlestock frame for fear it would wreck the frame.

Do you know how much it will carry? I can't find a manufacturer claim as to what it will hold, nor can I find a pic of how it attaches to the ALICE.

I saw this:
load-trainer-web3.jpg
Which makes it look like 4 U clips bolting a giant steel plate to the ALICE, but it is hard to believe that would come in at 10LB (Load Trainer + Pack).

Fox30buck

FNG
Stick to your pack loaded with weight. Best to get use to that with awkwardly filled "stuff" as that is how most pack outs will feel like! Good luck

seems like an Olympic bar end bolted to a frame would carry a lot like a bone in hindquarter - I'd opt for a big wad of chain in the bottom of a pack to emulate boned meat …...

Do you know how much it will carry? I can't find a manufacturer claim as to what it will hold, nor can I find a pic of how it attaches to the ALICE.
So far I've loaded it with 2 - skinny 45# plates and a medium thick 10# plate
Here's a pic with the 45's. Still room for more112547

ThinkLeicaBuck

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone use the Atlas Trainer?
I want to get one but have other preferences when it comes to a frame and don't care to own two.
Having a hard time justifying spending three hundred bucks just for something that only use in the offseason.
Any alternatives in the market that people have used?

More importantly, anyone want to get rid of theirs for cheap? 😁
I have used mine for 2 years now. I love it. I even wear it in the gym when the trails get gnarly muddy in the spring.

I have used mine for 2 years now. I love it. I even wear it in the gym when the trails get gnarly muddy in the spring.
YOUR hunting pack with a sack or two of something "soft" (like meat will be) would be a lot better and cheaper I'd say - sure it looks "cool" to have a 45# plate or two on an apparatus but "looking" cool and "hunting cool hard" are two different things altogether