Outdoorsmans Bino Stud for Swarovski 10x42 el's

fatrascal

WKR
Marctog, I would say it's fine and acceptable. I would not try and press it in myself. The reason is because its critical to not damage the bino and keep the distance correct between the barrels. If it was anything else where distance and damage wouldn't matter then I'd say do it yourself. But we didnt pay big money for these optics just so we can do our owne shade tree work on them. They deserve the work of an optics professional. Just my opinion. But all in all I think they are fine. Fatrascal.

SaltyBowman

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been considering this mod. How does Swarovski treat you if you need warranty work after having the stud pressed in?

slim9300

WKR
I’ve been considering this mod. How does Swarovski treat you if you need warranty work after having the stud pressed in?

Per Outdoorsman they are the only company that allows the Swaro warranty to remain intact while modifying their binos.

I have the same 8.5x42 EL’s with the stud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Per Outdoorsman they are the only company that allows the Swaro warranty to remain intact while modifying their binos.

I have the same 8.5x42 EL’s with the stud.

I believe Outdoorsmans is giving a bit of Fake News here (disclaimer, I love the company and have their stud in my ELs). They are not “authorized“ by swaro to put in the stud any different than Kramer Designs. Ask Outdoorsmans to produce a letter from Swarovski and they can’t. Warranty laws vary by state, for instance in California, the stud would have to be found to be the “cause” of the problem to be denied warranty.

That said, I have never heard of anyone being denied warranty service with either the Kramer or Outdoorsmans stud pressed in.

slim9300

WKR
I believe Outdoorsmans is giving a bit of Fake News here (disclaimer, I love the company and have their stud in my ELs). They are not “authorized“ by swaro to put in the stud any different than Kramer Designs. Ask Outdoorsmans to produce a letter from Swarovski and they can’t. Warranty laws vary by state, for instance in California, the stud would have to be found to be the “cause” of the problem to be denied warranty.

That said, I have never heard of anyone being denied warranty service with either the Kramer or Outdoorsmans stud pressed in.

You are probably right. It’s ‘funny’ that the wording on their website has changed since I bought mine.