Outdoorsmans Bino Stud for Swarovski 10x42 el's

marctog

FNG
I just got my Swarovski 10x42 el's back from the Outdoorsmans after having them press in a stud for their tripod mount. Everything seems solid however there is a gap between the stud flange and the hinge arm of the binoculars. Seems like the stud was not fully pressed into place...Does anyone else have this set-up and if so how does look?

Attachments

• el stud.jpg
    el stud.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 169

rm06

WKR
I have SLCs but I'd call Outdoorsman's to see what they have to say about it, their customer service is pretty dang good.

OP
marctog

marctog

FNG
Yes...i did call them and you are right their customer service is solid. They told me that its acceptable to be that way but were vague on if it was designed be that way and suggested that every binocular is slightly different. I left off with an uneasy feeling that it wasnt correct.

svillalobos

Lil-Rokslider
As long as it’s in there solid and not loose it should be fine, with that said I do believe it should be seated back all the way

tdhanses

WKR
If'n it was me, I'd fit a deep socket over it and try tapping/pressing it in to suit....

Horrible idea! If you crack the housing doing that good luck getting warranty work.

If it is solid I wouldn’t worry about it.

I just took a look at mine that were done about a year ago, and mine is all the way in, flange against the hinge metal.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Ronb

WKR
Mine are also tight. No gap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
marctog

marctog

FNG
Thanks... El Gavalin and Ronb...that helps me to confirm that it is NOT set correctly and figure out my next steps...

Might be worth me sending them back in to have them re-pressed.

Good grief.... Don't anybody do anything themselves anymore? Put a socket over the stud and squeeze it together in a vice. It won't take much, to tell if it'll work or not, for anyone with half a brain. Or wring your hands some more, and send it off, stressing out the whole time it's gone, wondering if they'll screw up another simple job.....

Ronb

WKR
Why should he do it? He paid $100 to have it done by Outdoorsman.

svillalobos

Lil-Rokslider
Why should he do it? He paid $100 to have it done by Outdoorsman.

That’s exactly right! He paid to have it done right and I guarantee if Outdoorsmans is notified there gonna take care of it. Solid company great people just call them again.

jmb1269

Lil-Rokslider
Did they end up fixing this for you? I am looking at sending in a set currently.

JMDavies

WKR
I deal with warranty contracts as part of my job. Send Outdoorsman an email detailing how you'd like to correct the problem. They'll either approve it, deny it or ask you to do it a different way. Stick with what they ask and keep everything in writing.

MattB355

Lil-Rokslider
Mine has a very slight gap if I hold it up to the daylight. I would consider it normal.

Brewski

Lil-Rokslider
My ELs bought from outdoorsmans have a slightly smaller gap and have worked with no problems.