Outdoorsmans jim white

maverick351

Lil-Rokslider
Hello. I am looking for feedback on the Jim White remake by the Outdoorsman's. I am looking for someone who has one or has owned one and can give me Pros cCons and opinions on the head versus other similar heads that are out there. Also how does it compare to the original Jim White?

Haven't had a chance to use a Jim White but I have other Outdoorsmans products and they are top notch.

I run a small spotter and EL12s on the Outdoorsmans micropan and it is awesome!!

junior

WKR
I got the jim white 2.0 this spring. Dont have a ton of time in the field with it yet but so far I love it. I've changed so all my plates are arca-swiss (spotter, binos, rangefinder, and camera). it just makes everything super simple. Its extremely smooth and locks and holds into place. To be honest I cant speak to head to head comparison to a lot of other high end heads but its much smoother and feels like much better quality than the vortex head I used to use. I am super happy with the product but even more so, their customer service. I was in a rush to get things ordered and ended up ordering a duplicate adapter and then another piece I didn't need. They took care of my returns and everything in a smooth and easy manner. While I was in the shopping process they also talked me through the differences and strengths of each product. They are really personable and knowledgeable for hunting applications, unlike some other photo/optics companies

Anozira

WKR
I got the jim white 2.0 this spring. Dont have a ton of time in the field with it yet but so far I love it. I've changed so all my plates are arca-swiss (spotter, binos, rangefinder, and camera). it just makes everything super simple. Its extremely smooth and locks and holds into place. To be honest I cant speak to head to head comparison to a lot of other high end heads but its much smoother and feels like much better quality than the vortex head I used to use. I am super happy with the product but even more so, their customer service. I was in a rush to get things ordered and ended up ordering a duplicate adapter and then another piece I didn't need. They took care of my returns and everything in a smooth and easy manner. While I was in the shopping process they also talked me through the differences and strengths of each product. They are really personable and knowledgeable for hunting applications, unlike some other photo/optics companies

Can you only use arca-swiss/ jim white adapter plates or will the other outdoorsman plates work as well?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Can you only use arca-swiss/ jim white adapter plates or will the other outdoorsman plates work as well?
You would have to use Arca swiss plates, if you have a bino post you'll have to mount it to an arca swiss plate. They need to make an arca swiss post for this head to eliminate having to Jerry rig a setup. Arca swiss is the industry standard though and Swaro spotters are already arca swiss so you don't have to do anything to them to mount.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Anozira

WKR
You would have to use Arca swiss plates, if you have a bino post you'll have to mount it to an arca swiss plate. They need to make an arca swiss post for this head to eliminate having to Jerry rig a setup. Arca swiss is the industry standard though and Swaro spotters are already arca swiss so you don't have to do anything to them to mount.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Good to know, thank you.