Outdoorsmans Pan head? Wha is so special?

CBB15

Lil-Rokslider
For those of you who swear by them, what did you compare them to?

I bought one and will admit, it is well made. However, other than being lightweight with a very good lock up, I am struggling to see how it is superior to good fluid head. In my opinion it is kind of a pain in the butt when panning and running a grid.

It is mounted on my promaster 525xc with a STS 65.

Looking for a better alternative to my manfrotto 700rc.

The outdoorsmans is not $300.00 better and the ball head that came with promaster is about as well made too. Granted, it is a ball head.

Last edited:
For those of you who swear by them, what did you compare them to?

I bought one and will admit, it is well made. However, other than being lightweight with a very good lock up, I am struggling to see how it is superior to good fluid head. In my opinion it is kind of a pain in the butt when panning and running a grid.

It is mounted on my promaster 525xc with a STS 65.

Looking for a better alternative to my manfrotto 700rc.

The outdoorsmans is not $300.00 better and the ball head that came with promaster is about as well made too. Granted, it is a ball head.

It's made in America, very solid and is 11oz.
That said I use a Gitzo 2180 and think it is much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WyoElk

WKR
Just curious what you don't like about the 700rc? I can't comment on the outdoorsman as I've never used one but everything I hear about it is great.

OP
C

CBB15

Lil-Rokslider
Just curious what you don't like about the 700rc? I can't comment on the outdoorsman as I've never used one but everything I hear about it is great.

I don't necessarily dislike the 700. I dont love the way the plates mount and it moves a touch when you lock it down.