Sold Outdoorsmans Tall Binocular Tripod Adapter w/ Euro Stud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a lightly used Outdoorsmans Tall Bino Tripod Adapter and Euro stud (fit my Meopta B1s and Maven B1s) works great but not for my narrow IPD on the 15s.

Adapter retails for $69.99 and Stud $19.99.

$75 TYD for both, firm

Attachments

• DAA28B4F-BDC0-4D47-926B-8F2CEF5D4EDB.jpeg
    DAA28B4F-BDC0-4D47-926B-8F2CEF5D4EDB.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 47
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Their website shows Mavens being the standard 1/4-20 and the Meopta being the euro stud. I’ve got a euro stud coming today for my new-to-me Meopta 15s.
I am going to wager they aren't any different. The Meoptas I've used all took the same 1/4x20 studs. Anyway, I'm asking because I'm interested, but I don't need a stud I can't use.

nmiller08

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I am going to wager they aren't any different. The Meoptas I've used all took the same 1/4x20 studs. Anyway, I'm asking because I'm interested, but I don't need a stud I can't use.

My understanding is it has nothing to do with the thread pitch, it's the disc-shaped shelf on the stud at mid-point. The universal is slightly smaller diameter, the Swaro is slightly bigger (to fully cover the hole, i.e. aesthetics), and the Euro is bigger like the Swaro but has a small area on the shelf that is elevated to fill a void where it screws in (again, seems to be aesthetics for a close, seamless looking fit). Can't speak to all interchangeability, but I'm sure if you call Outdoorsmans they'll tell you.

FWIW I've used a euro stud on a pair of Nikons and you could see where the stud was standing proud from the bino hinge due to that elevated portion, but it worked fine. If you had a bino with abnormally big barrels or lack of space in there, I suppose you might need the Universal which appears to have a slightly smaller disc.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
My understanding is it has nothing to do with the thread pitch, it's the disc-shaped shelf on the stud at mid-point. The universal is slightly smaller diameter, the Swaro is slightly bigger (to fully cover the hole, i.e. aesthetics), and the Euro is bigger like the Swaro but has a small area on the shelf that is elevated to fill a void where it screws in (again, seems to be aesthetics for a close, seamless looking fit). Can't speak to all interchangeability, but I'm sure if you call Outdoorsmans they'll tell you.

FWIW I've used a euro stud on a pair of Nikons and you could see where the stud was standing proud from the bino hinge due to that elevated portion, but it worked fine. If you had a bino with abnormally big barrels or lack of space in there, I suppose you might need the Universal which appears to have a slightly smaller disc.
Thanks for the explanation. That makes sense.

HuntNTag

WKR
Rating - 100%
19   0   0

Everything that nmiller08 said is correct. It’s just the disc shape that is different. The universal is smaller all together in the circular part that threads against the bino and the euro is bigger. The only difference I noticed is that if the large is on a smaller bino that needs the universal, the actual stud doesn’t fully click to lock in when entered into the adapter. Once you screw it on, it is still rock solid so you won’t have much of a difference in operation but you can tell it’s not 100% designed for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.