Outdoorsmans Tripod

Just wanted to give a shout out to Outdoorsmans. I have their compact medium tripod/pan head and can't say enough good things about it. I have been throwing the idea around about trying to make the tripod be able to go prone so I can shoot off of it. I don't want to carry a bipod and tripod on some of our nasty back country hunts. As of now their tripods are not set up for this. One quick call and a 10 min conversation and they sold me another center post and gave me some tips so I can do some DIY modifications to the post/tripod. Unbelievable customer service. If you haven'd used one of their tripods they are bomb proof, easy maintenance, really stable, and a great value. Thank you Blake for the help.

Dave

Could you please tell us the mod they suggested. I have a tall center post extension on my medium tripod. I have the original center post as a spare and was thinking of shortening it.

The centerpost on my slik 634 unscrew to create a very low mount when the legs are angled all the way out. I really like this option and was thinking of a way to make my outdoorsmans similar.

OP
david2duck
Going to cut the new center post flush with the bottom of the tripod. I am looking for a cheapish ball head that i can attach to the new cut post so I can cant the rifle to keep it level. Also, going to create another indent on the tripod legs to allow it to have one more adjustment right at the prone level.

Outdoorsmans said they are kicking around the idea of making something similar for the guys who don't want to carry both tripod and bipod. They haven't start anything yet but if enough of us let them know we are interested it might get the ball rolling.