outer shell

I wear different layers consisting of outdoor Research,north face,patogonia,ecws etc and would like to have one nice hoody jacket to wear over different layers depending on weather,i want quiet and some what form fitting,i will size up to a large from my normal medium but still want a form fit.15 degrees to 60.Give me some suggestions

TBHasler

WKR
If its not a priority for waterPROOF, I love my Jetstream jacket from Sitka. Also check out Kuiu Guide DCS as well.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
For me... Something I wear as my top layer in 15 degrees vs 60 degrees is completely different. I usually build my kit based on the trip for the weather conditions and activity level. Are you talking more like a windbreaker since you go heavy on layering?

mtnkid85

WKR
Kuiu Guide is my everyday choice. Its on the heavy/burly side of soft shells, full feature, slim fitting.

Sitka Mountain jacket is my lighter weight shell, if only it had a freaking hood Id be thrilled. Fabric is slightly louder than the Kuiu and no pit zips but it does a good job of breaking the wind for its weight.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wear a windshirt as an outer layer from below 0 to 75+ degrees; for hunting my "go to" windshirt is a made for the military Patagonia one (Level 4 in military lingo)- it's a little heavier than the Patagonia Houdini I wear outside of hunting season, but it's also sturdier.

LJ Buck

WKR
Kryptek Altitude Bora jacket.

If you have this you can skip having a rain jacket as well unless your in the Yukon or Kodiak IMO.

Also I just saw it for 50percent off online at Sportsman’s Warehouse.