Outfitter recommendations for Black Bear fall of 2023

Lvthntitall

Lil-Rokslider
I am putting together a bear hunt for 6 boys as a High school graduation present for the fall of 2023. Would like to find a place that could handle 6 hunters and their fathers. Hope to find a place that we could rent the camp for the week. Was looking in Canada but won’t count anything out. Not worried about size of bears just hope to have a good chance at them all tagging out. Any help would be very much appreciate.

Definitely Canada. By far your best value for a bear hunt. There may be areas you can drive to which may save a lot in transportation for that many hunters.

You need to narrow your focus, figure out logistics. I recommend Manitoba for proximity to you and history of lots of bears.

I personally have not hunted there but here are a few outfits I have heard of in no particular order-

Adrenaline outfitters (youth discount!)
Desjardins outfitting
Sleeve Lake
Bear track outfitters

Of course do your due diligence etc. I’m sure if you come up with more specific questions you will get more responses. I think your idea is perfect for a graduation trip! My son did that in 2020 with a couple of his buds (advantage we live in AK and ran the baits ourselves)

Good luck

Scottyboy

WKR
If you would ever consider Minnesota I can send you a PM for an outfit in our no quota zone (OTC tag).

OP
Lvthntitall

Lvthntitall

Lil-Rokslider
Not ruling out any location so would take any recommendations, I have Killed two bears in Alberta but the outfitter passed away this summer. My whole goal is to find someone that can handle 6 hunters with a good chance of killing 6 bears. I’m try to find a couple names that people have experience with that are good people with a good operation.

I have heard good things about this outfitter, and they can accommodate 6

Attachments

• 7539E4EE-BF35-47DE-BC4A-535B02F8671B.jpeg
    7539E4EE-BF35-47DE-BC4A-535B02F8671B.jpeg
    565.2 KB · Views: 20
OP
Lvthntitall

Lvthntitall

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the information I will check them out, narrowed it down to Ontario and Manitoba, do to season start dates and travel time.

SAM55

FNG
I recently booked a black bear hunt with Canadian Guide Outfitters in Port Alberni, Vancouver Island for May, 2023. I don't know anyone that has hunted with them, but I met with the owner at a hunting show and spoke to him extensively. His references and reviews are solid. He has built a nice business over 20 years and has a beautiful lodge that stays booked up. My wife (not a hunter) is also looking forward to going and traveling around Vancouver Island for a few days. Sounds like a fantastic surprise for the boys. Hope you have a great trip!!