Outfitter Recommendations

cowboy11

FNG
Hey! I was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction or have any experience you could share with me. I’m looking for a moose outfitter for 2 hunters. Would prefer a lodge for wives to stay at. Would also rather bow hunt but am not opposed to rifle hunting. Work on a cattle ranch, so horseback hunts would be in my wheelhouse. Been looking at BC or Newfoundland since would like to keep it around that $12k-20k price range. Would like to target mature moose age wise, or a 45+ inch moose if possible. Any outfitters you guys recommend?

Benjaminwill80

Lil-Rokslider
Had a great trip with Next Ridge Outfitters in Newfoundland. Shane Mollon is the owner. They do offer a lodge hunt but we did the fly in trophy hunt. Wall tent accommodations were luxurious compared to spike camps on the ground. Bunks, heaters, electricity, hot shower, and good food. Best of all, good game density offering good trophy opportunity. Check out the Next Ridge Outfitters pics on instagram to see some of the bulls they have taken this year. It’s impressive. Dad took his with a bow, I used rifle. Guys coming in behind us took at least one with a bow.

Met a lot of hunters in deer lake/corner Brook that didn't see near the animals we did with Shane. Couldn’t be happier with the choice we made going with NRO. Good guides, good accommodations and good food. Highly recommend you giving him a call.
Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want to ask any questions or hear about the experience in more detail.

Do yourself a favor and check out Misty River Outfitters in northern Alberta. They offer a fly-in hunt on a lake with a main lodge and individual cabins. There's solar electricity, hot running water, wood stoves, and a bar to keep the wives happy while you're out in the field. Heck, there's even a wood-fired hot tub with great views of the lake.

The area has good moose numbers and good age class for older bulls. Your 45" goal is certainly attainable, and they have killed bulls much bigger. If you are set on bowhunting, this is a good spot. The cover is thick, and most shots are under 50 yards.

It is a small, family run operation. The outfitter and guides are awesome, the food is good, and the pike fishing on the lake is unreal. The cost will be on the lower end of your price range.

bates

WKR
Not sure how’s it going since it was sold.

But I’d look into Sikinnai River

I went a few years ago when the Hammets still owned it and it was great.

bmrfish

WKR
Do yourself a favor and check out Misty River Outfitters in northern Alberta. They offer a fly-in hunt on a lake with a main lodge and individual cabins. There's solar electricity, hot running water, wood stoves, and a bar to keep the wives happy while you're out in the field. Heck, there's even a wood-fired hot tub with great views of the lake.

The area has good moose numbers and good age class for older bulls. Your 45" goal is certainly attainable, and they have killed bulls much bigger. If you are set on bowhunting, this is a good spot. The cover is thick, and most shots are under 50 yards.

It is a small, family run operation. The outfitter and guides are awesome, the food is good, and the pike fishing on the lake is unreal. The cost will be on the lower end of your price range.

Don’t know about moose but we hunted spring bear there. Great place and people!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk