Outfitters camp locations

Colby3

FNG
My group will be hunting unit 76 Idaho this September for Archery Elk. My group hunted it last year also. My question is about Outfitter camp locations. Is there a source that will tell or show me where their camps are located? I have looked on the OGLB.Idaho.Gov site and they only listed the 3 licensed outfitters in 76. We would rather avoid them if we could. Thanks

Well anyway... outfitter associations wont help. You need to call the ranger station for that forest and ask for the outfitter permit administrator. Be honest and tell him or her you don’t want to interfere with any outfitters or have them interfere with you. Say... “I’d like to avoid forest user conflicts”. That’s their language. Tell them where you want to hunt and ask if any outfitters have camps on their “operating plan” in that area. Be polite and respectful and thank them for their time. Get a name too. That way if you need to call back you know who to ask for and they already know you’re a decent person. Good luck.

Gapmaster

WKR
I contacted the forestry service in CO about a new area we are looking at and they were extremely helpful. Outfitter info was one of my questions. I called but also sent a very detail specific email and got very detailed answers. Just remember these people are short handed on assets and be respectful of their time and you will have good results I think. Good luck