Outfitters in NC?

Dadnstuff

Lil-Rokslider
Moving back to the States this week for a European tour with Uncle Sam. Going to be in the Fort Bragg area. I’ve never hunted bears but would like to try my luck this fall. Any recommendations on outfitters in the east coast would be greatly appreciated.

Bountyhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Read their rules carefully. Some are charging $10 a pound for anything over 400 lbs on top of their $4-5K fee and they have killed over 800 pounders. Some guy was posting for eastern NC bear hunts on Long Range Hunting forum recently at good prices and has limited hunts.

Last edited:
I sell 4 hunts a year to offset the cost of rent. For the last 4 years we have been 100% most of the hunters shoot the first or second day. You would be hunting out of a blind over bait. I charge 2k up front and another 1K when you shoot. Pm me if you want more information.

Robber

FNG
North GA has plenty of public land bears. No outfitter required.

I would love to pick your brain twincedar if you don’t mind me asking some questions about hunting GA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Conmans guide service. Top notch dude with great hunting area in some of the best big bear counties in the US. Can whack a few whitetails while you are at it.

North GA has plenty of public land bears. No outfitter required.
I second that! Our bears aren't quite as large as NC but there are plenty in the 400 pound range. There's tons of public land to hunt but there's no baiting and no hounds so it's a tough hunt. My crew mostly stillhunts them.

Robber

FNG
I second that! Our bears aren't quite as large as NC but there are plenty in the 400 pound range. There's tons of public land to hunt but there's no baiting and no hounds so it's a tough hunt. My crew mostly stillhunts them.

You guy have much success hunting them?

You guy have much success hunting them?

We've done well so far but we haven't done it long enough to know if we're good or lucky. With 4 seasons under our belt we have killed 3 in the 200# neighborhood, missed one and failed to recover one between the 3 of us. So far it seems like we do well on the years treestand hunters do poorly. Unfortunately, success rates for bear hunting in Georgia are difficult to pin down since the tags come with your regular big game license but if I had to guess I'd say it's sub 10%.

Robber

FNG
We've done well so far but we haven't done it long enough to know if we're good or lucky. With 4 seasons under our belt we have killed 3 in the 200# neighborhood, missed one and failed to recover one between the 3 of us. So far it seems like we do well on the years treestand hunters do poorly. Unfortunately, success rates for bear hunting in Georgia are difficult to pin down since the tags come with your regular big game license but if I had to guess I'd say it's sub 10%.

Sounds like you guys are doing well than. Is it pretty thick where you guys hunt? I’m guessing S&S is how you guys do it. The odds don’t seem in my favor to hunt bear in Georgia but it’s always nice hunting new places. Hope you guys keep up the good luck!

Sounds like you guys are doing well than. Is it pretty thick where you guys hunt? I’m guessing S&S is how you guys do it. The odds don’t seem in my favor to hunt bear in Georgia but it’s always nice hunting new places. Hope you guys keep up the good luck!

Super thick. It's more like stalk and spot than spot and stalk. Binos are pretty much useless. We find likely habitat and work through it into or across the wind as quietly as possible. The best days are the rainy and windy since you can sneak better. Usually our encounters are well inside 50 yards. It's tough odds but it's an addictive hunt. I can't even get excited about deer after stillhunting bear😁.