Outfitters

jofes

WKR
I have been talking with both Ultimate Alaskan Adventures - Steve Johnson, and TOK - Matt Snyder, about booking a sheep hunt. Both seem reputable and have been in the game for 20+ years, anyone have any first hand experience or know of someone else I should talk with before booking?
They both have established operations, Steve can get me in sooner but Matt has a hunt concession in the OTC area.
Feel free to PM me.

fatbacks

WKR
If I were a non resident I would book with Aaron Bloomquist - Alaska Outiftters Unlimited. His concession is in the far eastern brooks range. First off it is an incredible area. Second off he has a federal concession so he will be the only guide in the area. There is no cap on the amount of guides that hunt on state land. Some areas have quite a few guides operating in the same area. In my opinion the guides that have federal concessions would be the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt & Emily Thoft at OVIS OUTFITTERS would be worth a call. Great people with excellent guides and hunting areas. I had a grizzly bear hunt with them on the North side of the Brooks Range. Had a fantastic hunt and got a beautiful bear.

David

jwatts

WKR
I hunted OTC with Matt last year. So did another Rokslider. It was my first sheep hunt. I have no complaints at all. Matt was a gracious host, and Josh Ellis kept us on sheep the whole hunt. It wasn't an easy hunt but that wasn't the fault of anybody but the sheep. I had a ball and would book again with Matt tomorrow if I had the cash and the time. I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have. I did a writeup on my hunt. If you want to check it out, you can find it here: https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/first-dall-sheep-success.141048/

I have only been on one sheep hunt and that was with Luke Turrell. It was an amazing experience and his operation in the Brooks gives him many options for his hunters. Some really nice rams in the area and I never seen another hunter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TXBREWER

FNG
I’ve been researching non resident dall hunts in AK as well for a minute. Have you looked into Jonah’s Alaskan Outfitters? Does anyone on the forum have experience Jonah’s outfit?

Jonah is a good friend of mine and you can’t go wrong if you booked with him. He’s one hell of a Hunter and his guided hunts are fantastic.

look at alaska adventure outfitters also I did a sheep hunt with Ryan this fall and had a great experience. tell him Jordan sent you. feel free to pm with any questions i will get around to doing a write up

Here's my ram

Attachments

• IMG_20200810_221907053.jpg
    IMG_20200810_221907053.jpg
    418.9 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20200810_221830951.jpg
    IMG_20200810_221830951.jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 72
C
I have been talking with both Ultimate Alaskan Adventures - Steve Johnson, and TOK - Matt Snyder, about booking a sheep hunt. Both seem reputable and have been in the game for 20+ years, anyone have any first hand experience or know of someone else I should talk with before booking?
They both have established operations, Steve can get me in sooner but Matt has a hunt concession in the OTC area.
Feel free to PM me.
Cash Joyce Vast Alaska

dukxdog

Lil-Rokslider
Big Game Backcountry Guides is worth a look. Brooks range. Riley Pitts. Hard working guides. Great area.

OP
J

jofes

WKR
Thanks for all of the input and suggestions, after some phone calls and pm,s I booked with Tyrrells Trails for 2022. I'm beyond blessed to be even able to say that.

OP
J

jofes

WKR
Thanks! Yeah I feal like I need to be doing everything to get ready like its tomorrow but no idea were to start.