Outserts?

khunter20

FNG
I see a lot of people with these on their arrows these days. Can anyone explain the purpose/benefit?

Brendan

WKR
You can use standard threaded broadheads on .204" ID arrows using the HIT system without going to outserts.

Personally, I think the negatives out way the positives. I stick with .204" and above arrows so I don't have to use them.

You can use standard threaded broadheads on .204" ID arrows using the HIT system without going to outserts.

Personally, I think the negatives out way the positives. I stick with .204" and above arrows so I don't have to use them.
Good point. HIT does it better, especially without a collar.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
Another 5mm guy here.

Outserts are very expensive, have not proven their worth to me....and some of the systems make it very difficult to get your BH's on straight.

_______

Another 5mm guy here.

Outserts are very expensive, have not proven their worth to me....and some of the systems make it very difficult to get your BH's on straight.

_______
I've only shot the black eagle steep half outs but they bent after very little shooting.

MattB

WKR
I've only shot the black eagle steep half outs but they bent after very little shooting.

I have a friend who shoots and 80# bow and shoots a fair bit. He bent something like 18 of the 24 SS outserts he had from BE.

Zac

WKR
Valkyrie probably makes the only outsert that won't bend. IMO, that is the only way to go for micros. A lot of people are going back the other direction now. Especially since companies like Easton are offering very high grade 6.5mm shafts. Goldtip is also offering a .001 in their Hunter line. I think these standard size shafts are better than micros, as well as .204s without a collar. The HIT is an imperfect design without collar, or a footer. The typical hunting setup would do just fine with 6mm and over shafts.

paxamus

WKR
I have a friend who shoots and 80# bow and shoots a fair bit. He bent something like 18 of the 24 SS outserts he had from BE.

I’m in your friends boat! I’m done with those SS inserts from BE. Once these arrows are done, I’m switching. They fly great, but with the amount of KE I have in my setup, they bend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zac

WKR
I’m in your friends boat! I’m done with those SS inserts from BE. Once these arrows are done, I’m switching. They fly great, but with the amount of KE I have in my setup, they bend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Focus system has remedied the half out problem if you can salvage those shafts.

nphunter

WKR
I’m another 5mm fan. I do like footer/collars I just feel like they add durability and a better finish to the carbon end. Not necessary but nice.
I just picked up a couple dozen Injexions that have the new Easton Titanium halfouts for super cheap and so far I’m impressed with them. Probably going to let my 13 year old shoot the and they should last forever. They $100 a dozen for just the halfouts though from Easton.

Zac

WKR
I’m another 5mm fan. I do like footer/collars I just feel like they add durability and a better finish to the carbon end. Not necessary but nice.
I just picked up a couple dozen Injexions that have the new Easton Titanium halfouts for super cheap and so far I’m impressed with them. Probably going to let my 13 year old shoot the and they should last forever. They $100 a dozen for just the halfouts though from Easton.
Injexions are by far the most consistent shaft I ever shot.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The HIT is an imperfect design without collar, or a footer.

I'm sure that any of those arrows will be stronger at the tip with a collar or footer, however I've been using HIT's without any for 13+ years without seeing any need for them. And I shoot 32 1/2" draw at 75lbs.

I'm sure that any of those arrows will be stronger at the tip with a collar or footer, however I've been using HIT's without any for 13+ years without seeing any need for them. And I shoot 32 1/2" draw at 75lbs.
I shoot Axis w/ HITs and had pretty good luck.
Do you shoot the broadhead adapter rings from Easton?

Beendare

WKR

Agreed. I used outserts for years, made my own collars- MEH...I don't see any Real world advantage. They look stronger sure...but if you hit a rock...your arrow is screwed. If a guy wants to use the Easton BH rings on Axis....it cannot hurt....but arrow assembly and Squaring the shaft with good BH seating has been the game changer for me with these Axis.

______

nphunter

WKR
Injexions are by far the most consistent shaft I ever shot.

I shot the Injexions for a lot of years. My favorite arrow I’ve ever shot though was the A/C Injexion, would be the same as the new pro shafts Easton just released. Just didn’t like being stuck with deep six. I actually would have probably stuck with them and dealt with deep six if they would have had them in a 300 spine. Great shooting arrows!!

Reactions: Zac