Outside edge of foot pain

isu22andy

WKR
Anyone have pain in one foot vs the other on the outside edge ? Feels like I’m walking on the right side of my right foot . Insoles fix this ???? Left foot is fine. Wide boots don’t fix the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
Call Lathrop and explain what's going on. Talk to boot experts, not forum members.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I had that exact problem with my running shoes when I was picking them out myself. Went to a local running shop and the owner analyzed my gait, said I was in the wrong level of shoe (i was in a support shoe and needed neutral). Switched the shoes a few years back and the problem was solved for me. Now I just let him pick out my shoes and reccomend insoles for my boots if they bother my feet. I know everyone's issue is different, but checking into this might be an easy start for you.

OP
isu22andy

isu22andy

WKR
I actually figured out the issue and feel pretty dumb but I thought I’d share to help other people . I loosened up my laces in toe region up quite a bit . That’s it . The laces kind of lock so they were always so tight .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have that problem also. It's only on my right foot and is usually after I sit for an extended period of time with any boot snugged tight on my feet, it isn't usually a problem while hiking. I'm thinking of looking into Sheep Feet or Good Feet for next year after consulting with a podiatrist over the winter. It happens in cowboy boots, Keen boots as well as my Zamberlans.

Do you have Tailors bunions? Look it up and see, they are fairly common. I had the same issue and certain footwear really hurts the outside of my feet of the toe box isn't wide enough, especially skiing and mountaineering boots. Getting wider boots helps.