Over bore suppressor

280rem

FNG
When I hunted in New Zealand 2 years ago, I used their rifle setup which was a Blaser 7 mag with an overbore suppressor. It was a nice design that was a fairly long suppressor but most of the length was back down the barrel which gave the rifle a great balance and minimal added length. Are there these kind of suppressors available to purchase in the US? Also noticed TE-titan suppressors that look to be a Norway company, are these available for purchase in US? I know for sure I’m looking for a suppressor that would be a good match for my wife’s Kimber mountain ascent in 280ai. Also in the market for a suppressor or 2 for other guns I own.

HuntnPack

WKR
GA Precision Jäger Suppressor
Purpose built Hunting suppressor.
Works well on standard profile barrels.
Good option if you want lightweight,
Short length, good dB reduction.

• Weight: 7.0 - 7.2 oz
  • Mounted length: 4.5 inches (reflex style)
  • Overall Length: 6 inches
  • Outside Diameter: 1.39 inches

Last edited:
OP
280rem

280rem

FNG
That GA precision looks nice but only lists 23-25 dB reduction, seems like not much.

DJL2

Lil-Rokslider
Well, internal volume is gonna limit the GAP unit's performance.. Only 6 inches overall length is compact for just about everything that isn't 5.56 (6.5 or so is about "normal" on those). That said, that level of reduction really isn't bad considering the size if it's legit. Having seen a fair amount of testing, there are a LOT of suppressors that struggle to get much below 140, regardless of how they're advertised, starting from 165 or so.

Just as a point of comparison, the Surefire SOCOM RC2 7.62 is 8.4 inches, more than twice as heavy with a 1.5 inch OD...and it's not even heaviest in class. It's right around 30 dB, depending on who does the testing. That's a LOT more volume when you consider there's not barrel running half the can's length.

From memory overbarrel suppressors are only 50 percent efficient on the part that’s over barrel.

hardy makes a decent one, so does DPT. No idea on availability in the states. Paid 300$ Nzd for mine in nzed. Used it for a while, then left it off.

good kit but not worth the weight for my needs

rickiesrevenge

Lil-Rokslider
I've also read that the part over the barrel doesn't add nearly as much reduction in db's compared go extra length.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk