Over The TOP off Season FUN!!!

ursus21

FNG
Life is Montana is GOOD!!! It's been an absolutely unreal few weeks since summer started. First off on Memorial Day I crossed paths with this bruiser.
Troy%20Adams%20BearE%205-29-17_zpsprzynvyq.jpg

Then last week I got into some of the best fishing of my life in northwest Montana.
Real solid wild rainbows from the Kootenai River.
Troy%20Adams%20LibbyD%206-22-17A_zpsohylydmh.jpg

An even bigger one...
Troy%20Adams%20LibbyD%206-22-17C_zpslktxqv6y.jpg

So how do you beat two big trout. Well, by catching two HUGE TROUT the next day.
Here is the first one.
Troy%20Adams%206-23-17A%20Flathead%20Lake_zpsiddrk9xz.jpg

A few minutes later I hooked into this guy and it is the biggest trout I've ever seen, let alone caught. It was an absolutely amazing few days in the northwest part of the state. It doesn't matter how I take a photo of this fish, he is big!
Troy%20Adams%206-23-17BC%20Flathead%20Lake_zpsenhg5m4m.jpg

Lest y'all think is that I do is fish...
Big Al Morris from FoxPro and I lit up the local coyotes week before last. He came out here with his cameraman and we created an episode for the FoxPro's TV show called Furtakers. We had an incredible week with lots of exciting action. We had 22 coyotes respond to the calling in 3 full days of hunting. We certainly weren't able to kill all of them. Sometimes they hung up. Others came in more than one at a time. When that first shot goes off they scatter like quail and are super tough to hit. Well hard for me to hit anyway. Of the coyotes that did give us a good opportunity though, we put them on the ground. Hopefully it will turn into an outstanding show.

Me with a big old, mean male. Probably the oldest coyote I've killed in this part of the state.
Troy%20Adams%206-15-17_zpsgv2nenvr.jpg

Look at the tooth wear on this old dog.
Troy%20Adams%206-15-17.jpg%20Oldest%20Male%20Coyote_zpsadp7pxfg.jpg

Al and I, with another old coyote.
Troy%20Adams%20and%20Al%20Morris%206-15-17_zpszgivwhjf.jpg

My favorite quote the past three weeks was from the captain of the boat we went lake trout fishing with. I still smile every I remember him saying this: "Some people say it's better to be lucky that good. However if you're good, you get lucky more often."

aggieland

WKR
Still amazed how large those trout can get. Would love to take my boys on a guided trip while on vacation.. headed up there real soon!

Pretty rude to call out another guys spot great way to ruin a spot even if your guess is wrong

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

You can believe me when I tell you It isn't "his" spot. It is a Very popular spot. Which is why I said something. Believe me, I didn't ruin anything. Everybody (including myself) within 3 hours of here knows that spot. A few state records came out of that spot.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Whatever naming spots doesn't do anything except bring it more pressure. Also makes people stop posting trip reports which can ruin a forum pretty quick. I just assumed it was common courtesy guess not where your from

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited: