Overkill broadheads by grizzlystik

Hey guys. Anyone using the grizzlystik overkill heads? I want to try them this year but not sure which head to try. I'm looking at the 125 maasai, 125 silverflame XL and the 125 samurai. I'm shooting a 60# bowtech reign with 525 grain total arrow weight. I would appreciate feedback from anyone who has used any of these heads!

Zac

WKR
I think they are great heads, especially in their respective price range. Definitely better than any Walmart, aluminum ferrule, stainless blade combo your gonna find. If you wan't specifics on these heads I would contact Ranch Fairy or the Lethal Podcast guys. They have extensive knowledge concerning everything Grizzly Stik.

OP
180splitg3
Nobody has shot these heads?! Thanks for the recommendations Zac...

Reactions: Zac

Stalker69

WKR
I shoot the 125XL. They have them for buy one Pac. and get a second Pac. for 1/2 price occasionally( I only use them for shooting pigs and javelina) . But the original silver flame from German kenitics from Marcus looks just like them ( long story) is a much better head and what I normally shoot, but it cost a bit more. But they are great heads.

2blade

WKR
I've shot the maasai and samurai and shot them into a fresh cow shoulder blade a few years back. The samurai held up better and shoots well out of my bows. Should have a pack of overkill samarai by next Monday. I am not going to test them tho, just screw em on and hunt.

I had good luck with Masaii 200 gr this year. 2 full pass throughs and one had split ribs on both side of the deer.

Ctpa61

FNG
I have been running the Silver flame 100 for elk. On personal luck with the elk however is did test them on elk bones that another hunter in our party got. Both on the shoulder blade and front leg bones. Penetration was impressive, and damage to the bones was great. Maybe not as devastating as a single bevel head, but more than adequate in my book. Shooting a 460 grain 5mm fmj at 258fps.

Beendare

WKR
This is not what you’re specifically asking for but hey it’s an open Internet forum right.Grin

I like a few different heads- VPA’s, Buzzcuts but you might wanna take a look at this one, the German kinetics from Kustom king archery.

Ive killed 4 animals with the 145gr this year and I am extremely impressed ... not just by the performance on the animal itself but because every shot has gone through them so fast into the dirt or rocks And the heads are still in great shape.... in most cases still razor sharp. Great knife steel at 55 rockwell ....and you cant beat the price, 3 for $30

Hat tip to Roosie here for the initial recommendation.

ICEMAN86

FNG
The samurai 125 worked good for me. Complete pass thru right thru the middle of the heart on an elk. He maybe went 50 yards. The are easy to sharpen with them having the straight blade. I’m not sure how the massias are to sharpen. I was able to back at thanksgiving pick up another pack of their black ferrule ones for 50% off and I saw the other day they had blems for pretty cheap.

the masaiis also get scary sharp, gotta pay more attention when sharpening around the point but overall not bad to sharpen.

Zac

WKR
Long video but I think it's only thing out on how to sharpen the Masai