Overnights

I did one time and I woke up to that about to fall feeling, sure as shit about toppled out of my climber.

OP
longspeak74
Great responses guys. I would actually strap myself in with a rachet strap or similar; I wouldn't just rely on my harness. I wouldn't be concerned about getting cold.

Dapper

FNG
I've always thought it would be neat to stay overnight in a tree stand during the rut to hear whitetails moving about. What would concern me the most is dozing off and some big old owl thinking I was a lunch item.

pk_

WKR
Not in the stand, but I climbed down and slept at the base of the tree. It was honestly more comfortable than the back seat of my pickup, which was the other option, but was a couple miles away...:sleep:

*zap*

WKR
Close by we have a public land spot where walk in primitive camping & deer hunting is both legal and another spot where walk in primitive camping is legal with hunting legal a short walk away.

NME

FNG
I think it’s a great idea and want to do this at least once. Especially if you have a trek getting to the spot. As long as your safe like you had said why not. I think it would be great from a scouting perspective as well. Most of my experience the deer move around a lot more during the night so it would give you more of a holistic view and prob take out a lot of guess work. The more I think about it the more I think I’d do this prior to opener. Of course you wouldn’t want to do it too much because of scent and pushing them out. What do you all think?