Overweight dude with VERY limited workout time HELP!

I ended up about 40lbs overweight after moving from a very physical job to a desk job. After the largest pants kuiu make were still too small I sprung into action. The low carb diet was the key. I also added 3 20 minute weight workouts a week. I dropped 30 of those 40lbs in about 6 months. I dropped the low carb diet 2 months ago and am already up 10 lbs!

Rich M

WKR
I just want to clarify that the Whole 30 "diet" I referenced is not a diet per say - it is about eating 1 ingredient foods. Fish, Chicken, Potato, Tomato, etc. No funky stuff to worry about in your urine or such. We eat too much processed foods as a society and that aint exactly healthy.

Remove the excess crap and you'll lose weight. Think about it - have you every gorged on vegetables and gained weight or bloated? Chips, cookies, cakes, etc. - Yes. Broccoli, carrots, beets, etc. - No way. TV dinners - high in salt and whatever chemicals they put in there. Hunk of meat from freezer and some frozen veggies - not unless you add it.

It is as easy as you want to make it.

jp0212

FNG
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Wish I would have seen this sooner Freshta. I actually have a B.S. in Kinesiology (Exercise Science) and used to work as an NASM certified personal trainer. I would be happy to help you out. If you would like, shoot me a PM. I can give you my phone number and would be happy to spend some time on the phone helping you out.

Desertrek

FNG
Diet is key not training. Losing 40lbs will make a huge difference in your capabilities. If you don’t already have muscle, then there is no need to workout just diet only. You can’t build muscle on a deficit (just maintain it)

I didn't read the entire thread but have a good idea of what's in it. When I realized that I needed to slim down, the first thing I did was look at my diet. We were eating out a lot, mostly from being on the road/move with kids sports. Look at what you are consuming and get rid of the empty calories. Skip the fries with the burger, get a single instead of a double, drink Ice tea instead of Coke. Do you really need (not want) that second portion of dinner when home? These may seem small, but if you consciously do this, the weight will come off and you dont have to "overhaul" your diet. At the same time, find an activity you like and you can do regularly and do it. Losing a lot of weight quickly is really appealing, though long term it normally doesn't work out. Whatever you do, it has to become the new norm so you are successful in the long run.

Wapiti23

FNG
I did a juice cleanse for three weeks. What it consists of is basically buying produce for specific recipes that you can find with Rebooting W/ Joe. There are hundreds of recipes on their site. My one particular recipe that I liked was:
1/4 Pineapple
1 skinned lemon
2 celery stocks
1 pear
1/2 grapefruit

It tastes great and do not have to choke down by any means. Also the bathroom sessions are not what you would think with consuming all of that fruit and Vitamin-C. Very relaxing and few and far between. Was very shocked.

You buy a juicer (not blender) and juice away. It makes about 16-18 oz and that's what you drink for every meal. If you need more then make another batch. It does actually get you full and 3-4 of these 16-18 oz servings was plenty for me. All while doing that I was drinking a lot of water. You will go through some withdrawals at day 3 with a slight headache but by the 5-6 day you feel absolutely great! I do have some sleep apnea issues and once I broke a certain weight threshold the symptoms went away completely and slept like and absolute rock. And I'm talking from the time my head hit the pillow I was out till probably 45 before the alarm went off still lying in the same position and wife said she was jealous. After 3 weeks with just going for a 2-3 mile walk/runs from the house I ended up losing 33 lbs. I had a lot of energy and on occasion I would go for 5-7 miles and it was a breeze even when running most of it. Went to Vegas the next week and had to cheat a bit but still came back only 2 pounds heavier than when I left so thought it was worth it and figured it must really kick in the metabolism. I would not recommend doing this for any more time because you would start losing some muscle mass due to not eating any protein. I'm going to start it again probably this weekend. for 2-3 weeks.

My brother did it for 60 days and lost 84 pounds. He was using a protein supplement though in addition to the juice to prevent muscle loss. I would not go that long.

Check out @V2Pnutrition on the gram or look up a few podcasts that have Kyle as a guest. I've lost over 60# with his dietian help. He's got a no BS approach to dieting. Actual science not just bro science and the guy is a mountian hunter himself. Better yet the guy has actually lost a lot of weight himself so he knows the struggle.

Like I saw mentioned before diet is far more important than your workouts. Before I was working out but was eating way too much. Kyle got me lined out on a calorie and macro goal plan and using My Fitness pal to track my food I now have a six pack 10 months later. Went from 230 to 168.
He teaches you how to help yourself. And the best part is all food is good. No having to cut out certain foods. Just track what you eat.

He can also do a plan for your hunts. I did this last year and it was great! I packed in 4600 cals of food on my elk hunt. Yeah the weight sucked but it was better than going hungry. And all the carbs in the form of oreos, Cheetos and Gummie Bears kept me on the mountian.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk