PA elk

fatlander

WKR
Can enlighten me about the application process? I ordered 2 preference points through the PALS website. A week or so later the reg book, 2 envelopes, and a yellow tag showed up. Not sure if I need to mail this in, or to who? Pretty sure they took CC info online, but the PALS website still says "pending" on the preference points in my account. Cant find any info, and the emails I've sent to PaF&G went into a black hole!

Why’d you buy bonus points? Just apply. The odds are so long it doesn’t really matter. When you’re unsuccessful they’ll give you a bonus point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goodorbit

Lil-Rokslider
The pink envelopes are for doe tag applications. They send them with every license purchase. You don’t have to send anything in. Once they do the drawing you’ll have your points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ahh, thank you. Not sure why they would send them.

Why’d you buy bonus points? Just apply. The odds are so long it doesn’t really matter. When you’re unsuccessful they’ll give you a bonus point.

Figures, next year. I'll put them away for the next 10 years, short drive and a good hunt for a cripple old man. LOL

Thank you both for the quick reply!

fatlander

WKR
Ahh, thank you. Not sure why they would send them.

Figures, next year. I'll put them away for the next 10 years, short drive and a good hunt for a cripple old man. LOL

Thank you both for the quick reply!

The odds are so long for those tags that the bonus points are really irrelevant. Any year you’re not applying and only buying a point is a complete waste of money. Good luck!

FLAK

WKR
Ok, said I wasnt gonna do it again but I did.
Not like I got any other hunts to worry about a conflict.
What the heck.

RS3579

WKR
I apply every year. Only about 45 minutes from my camp. Good luck to all that apply.

When do they usually notify you for the draw? Been donating awhile now

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

OP
TonySkyline
Hey Bling, I remember your name from another forum. Were you on archery addix forum a while back? I havent been on there in years. Or maybe it was AT....

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Hey Bling, I remember your name from another forum. Were you on archery addix forum a while back? I havent been on there in years. Or maybe it was AT....

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Yea boy it was addix before it went to the pits.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Sekora

Lil-Rokslider
I have at least bought a point almost every year since the elk hunt started and most years put in for the drawing. The years I just bought the point I knew there was no chance at me being able to participate in the hunt. It is a long shot getting drawn, and everybody has a chance, but for the $10 I do not regret buying the points. I've spent more on breakfast. I have a camp right in the middle of the elk herd, but most likely will hire a guide if drawn for a bull tag for the private land access and trophy potential. I will do it myself if I ever draw a cow tag as I know a lot of area where elk frequent.

Muzzy48

FNG
Im a PA resident and know of two people that have been drawn since they first opened the season. One was a 380” and the other was just a cow hunt. No secret about it...we got some big bulls roaming the NC part of the keystone state but your odds of drawing are extremely slim as one mentioned. I sat down this winter after the applicant numbers were reported along with tag allocations and determined you have better odds of drawing a sheep or goat tag in some states then getting drawn to hunt elk in PA. Good luck!

renagde

WKR
Im a PA resident and know of two people that have been drawn since they first opened the season. One was a 380” and the other was just a cow hunt. No secret about it...we got some big bulls roaming the NC part of the keystone state but your odds of drawing are extremely slim as one mentioned. I sat down this winter after the applicant numbers were reported along with tag allocations and determined you have better odds of drawing a sheep or goat tag in some states then getting drawn to hunt elk in PA. Good luck!
That is true, but the great thing is you can apply for all 3 seasons for only $30 as a resident.

Quackshack

Lil-Rokslider
That is true, but the great thing is you can apply for all 3 seasons for only $30 as a resident.
What I didnt realize until I read the digest again today is that resident and nonresident "points" cost the same- $11.90 per season. And the nonresident doesn't even have to purchase a license to apply. I wish Pa would require a license purchase to apply like some of the western states. Guess I let the cat out of the bag...

renagde

WKR
What I didnt realize until I read the digest again today is that resident and nonresident "points" cost the same- $11.90 per season. And the nonresident doesn't even have to purchase a license to apply. I wish Pa would require a license purchase to apply like some of the western states. Guess I let the cat out of the bag...
If this information is accurate, that is unfortunate. If it's going to be once in a lifetime tag, than a non resident should pay for it.