PA Guy and so new it hurts.....

JGBowman

Lil-Rokslider
I lived my entire 28 years in Pennsylvania. Neither parents hunted but lucky for me I had an uncle with a bow hunting problem, who then introduced me to the affliction that took over my life. Over the years my love for whitetails outspread to turkeys and then bears. My father (always supportive) would take me to the Harrisburg sportsman show where I could never get enough of the outfitters section. Booth after Booth my mind would race with Sheep, Bears, Elk, Mule Deer, Colorado, Alaska, and on, and on, and on..... All I wanted to do was travel to new places and hunt along the way. I have always had a big emphasis on my education and career. I knew if I was ever going to hunt the way I wanted to, I would need a solid career to pull it off. So far life has been good to me and I have been fortunate enough to do some Illinois whitetail hunts, and DIY elk hunting trips in CO.

I even married up this year which was sweet, she is supper supportive about all of my hunting adventures. She killed a six pointer the first day of archery this year. She never killed a deer before. Me being a awesome husband was 4 hours away salmon fishing and had nothing do with the entire experience. She made a perfect shot with her compound bow, found it, gut it, drug it out of the woods, skinned, and quartered it all by her self. It took her a little bit to find it and she had to watch a youtube video on how to gut it, but she did it. I got a call in the morning she shot a buck and another call in the evening it was all taken care of. Husband of the year.....

September 2017 my best friend called me that he killed his first elk with a bow. At that moment we started planning the next years elk hunting trip. The more we planned we more people we met with similar life interests and Rokslide was introduced into my life. I really wanted to document this next event so I could explain myself. I created a Rokslide account to purchase a pack. I chose the user name "Jgelk" which I now feel like was a dumb idea. I have never killed an elk. I want to. But that goal has not yet been accomplished. I tried to change it but I don't thing you can, and I didn't want to start another account. I just wanted to state this and get it off my chest. AHHHH I feel better now.

Trr15

WKR
Welcome, bud. I’m from PA myself. Moved to WY at 28yrs old and have been hooked on western hunting ever since. Enjoy the forum. Tons of good info and good dudes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from another PA guy, was in Co for a while but once again stuck in Pennsylvania. Dont worry about the username, you have time to kill elk and I'm sure someone else here has a worse one lol.

Michael54

WKR
Im in western pa. Welcome! And kudos to the wife! Sounds like you might have problems down the road if you don't keep up with your honey do list 🤣🤣🤣

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckaz34