PA rifle opener

Sekora

Lil-Rokslider
Good luck to all the hunters! Unfortunately I will have to sit out my 2nd season in 4 years due to another brain surgery. I feel like I can go but only being 2 weeks out, my doctors still have me with lots of restrictions. Hopefully they get lifted by Christmas and I can do some late season hunting. The freezer is getting empty.

Keep On

FNG
Missed my first opening day due to the flu.
Hopefully up and around next week and get some hunting done before my vacation week is over.

Deerfield

Lil-Rokslider
Today was the slowest opening day I can remember. Heard less than 10 shots all day. I shot a decent sized doe at 8AM and saw a few other does and a small forkie but that was it. It probably didn’t help that the wind blew 15-18mph all day with 30mph gusts.

Joseph2186

Lil-Rokslider
I heard maybe 5 shots none were close at all. Slowest 1st day I can remember. When I was a kid it sounded like a war zone . I think the deer just hunkered down all day.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Spot on-every camp and buddy I spoke to relayed the same thing. We think it was the wind kept the deer from moving. Not many shots heard.

Rob960

Lil-Rokslider
I was on the Blue in 4C. Very few shots, especially considering that the whole state is both and buck and doe for the two weeks. At 1015am I finally had four doe come down a trail and cross 80yds in front of me and bed down. about 10 minutes later I noticed about 30 feet from them a decent 6 pointer stood up. Took the shot. On the sound of the rifle going off, doe that were with him jumped up and then the original four I was watching and they all took off. Very windy where I was so i think they were hunkering down.

Not Pa. but Md. opener hunted from before day light until dark 4 does and a small spike , The area I hunt is private and have it all too myself, been watching the deer on trail cams since early Oct. there are some nice bucks in there,very windy not much movement, as I hunt about a 1/2 mile from the Pa. line there was not much shooting anywhere, will be back in the woods on Monday. Good hunting too all.

Congrats to all that got lucky. Hunting In-laws farm in Juniata county. Too much corn still standing. Deer seem to be staying put until dark.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Yoder

WKR
Hunting Pike county. My cousin and a friend of the family both killed small 8 pts. One on Saturday one Sunday. I had a deer snort and take off Saturday afternoon. It was in thick brush and I never seen it. Sunday I seen 5 doe. Monday seen a spike buck, another deer I just seen the tail and killed a doe around 4pm when I was creeping out to the truck. My dad shot a doe Sunday afternoon and had a decent 8pt come in around 4pm on Monday that he couldn't get a shot at. My next day out will be this Monday. Looks like it's going to be really warm. Calling for 60 degrees.

Mosby

WKR
I decided not to go to PA this year. I normally hunt in Lycoming county but sold my land last year and we are back to State Game Lands. I have a young GSP that I need to keep working on birds and I decided she was the priority this year over deer hunting. I got two days planned at a pheasant preserve on Monday and Tuesday and I am taking her to South Dakota the week before Christmas. The money I saved in fuel, hotel rooms traveling and a PA NR license, helps pay for the pheasant hunting this month. The price of fuel right now adds up in a hurry and I decided I need to do one or the other but not both.

My brother got a doe and saw a spike buck. He hasn't seen many deer so far.