pac boots and narrow feet - Hoffman, Kenetrek, etc...

douglasfir

Lil-Rokslider
I work outside a lot of the time, and I made it through the last South Dakota winter without insulated boots. Never again! I am considering pac boots. I have fairly narrow feet, though, and my feet always swim in Sorels or Baffins. What is the fit like in the high-end pac boots? I would like to avoid orderingand returning - that gets expensive if you do it often enough! I spoke to a person at Hoffman on the phone, and they were helpful, but I'd like to hear your experiences. What pac boots do you use, and were they true to size?

Thanks!

Idahoguy

FNG
Whites and yes they were true to size. I wear them a dozen or so times a year and after 6 or 7 years they are still like new.

Hoffman Boots

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Whites and yes they were true to size. I wear them a dozen or so times a year and after 6 or 7 years they are still like new.
Whites no longer makes pacs, in fact, they had to many issues and now sell our pacs. I would look at the Hoffman pro-series. This will run a bit narrower and is simply the best rubber bottom on the market.

OP
D

douglasfir

Lil-Rokslider
I placed my order for pro series pacs last Friday. Of course winter is here in the Black Hills, and I should've ordered them a month ago. In any case I'm excited and hoping they work out!

tbam160

FNG
I have narrow feet 12 a or b depending on brand. I went with schnees hunter pac boots. They fit my feet great.

Lawnboi

WKR
One way to eat up space in packs is to add more/thicker insoles. Most have felt insoles, you can get anything from thin to thick felt or this image insoles to change fit. I do this to get by half sizes.

Currently still using some schnees hunter ii. My next set will be Hoffman’s. I don’t own Hoffman’s yet but was able to play with some. They are built better from my initial impression.

OP
D

douglasfir

Lil-Rokslider
My boots arrived today. It was a longer wait than expected, but when I called on the phone to ask, the people on the phone were courteous and happy to give me an update.

The boots are beautiful. They are obviously well made. Unfortunately they are much too big. My feet measure as a 10 on a brannock device, and I followed instructions and went with an 11. My feet are swimming in these things. I will call Hoffman's in the morning and explore my options. I don't think I can wait another five weeks to for smaller size, so I'm not sure what's next for me.

HoffmanBoots

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Hi Douglasfir
Sorry for the issue - if it is an exchange, you won't wait the 5 weeks. This will be taken care once the boots are back to us. Send them back and we will pay for the exchange back to you. Just be sure to include a note with your boots and we will get them taken care of.

OP
D

douglasfir

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks, and of course I'm not knocking Hoffman's - they have been helpful and courteous every step of the way.

OP
D

douglasfir

Lil-Rokslider
Yep they are impressive boots. Not narrow by any stretch of the imagination however IMO. Of course that's a good thing for most people!

OP
D

douglasfir

Lil-Rokslider
Doug, did you go with the pro-series?
Yes. Like I said, they were great looking, well-constructed boots. Before returning them, I showed them to my coworkers. They own Whites and Schnees and Sorels but had not heard of Hoffman - they were very impressed.

HoffmanBoots

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
If you really have narrow feet like an A or B width, call me at work. We do have an unlined rubber bottom (made to be worn without a liner) that once you put a liner in it works great for really narrow feet. The thinsulate pro series runs narrower than most pacs and if this is what you tried and they are still to wide, I would look at this option.