"Pack-A-Pull" Ultralight Pulley System

WKR
Yup, I use 3/8 line, 3 caribiners and a micro pully.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

oldgoat

WKR
They sell some line that's smaller diameter and has a very slick surface that's made just for doing stuff like this, would probably work sweet for the pulley system Clay used in that video. I don't remember the website I bought it from though. Woohoo, I just looked and I actually bookmarked the page, here's a link, I used this stuff last year, only hoisted a light bag with weeks worth of mountain House and granola bars etc, but it worked as advertised.
UltraGlide Bear Bagging Line at LawsonEquipment.com

jmez

WKR
Neat system but not the right kind of trees where we camp. Can't get the bags far enough away from the tree itself. I use two lines going opposite directions over two different trees. Suspends the bag between the trees and it is pretty easy to haul up a pack this way. Even for one guy.

Beendare

WKR
I use carabiners with those nylon screen door wheels you can get at Home Depot for a buck each. The wheel really reduces the friction and increases your pulling power exponentially.

What you will find with the carabiner and screen door wheel, it increases your pulling power so much....avg paracord stretches like crazy and can't handle it...stronger cord is needed like the REI 400# stuff [$5/50']

Thanks for the video. I had heard of carabiner pulleys but didn't know how to work them.

I went to Home Depot and bought a package of 3 chain quick links for $4 with a strength rating higher than most of their carabiners. All three together weigh about the same as one carabiner.

I just tested it with a bucket of rocks in the yard and it worked great.

Two independent loads

You can create a lighter version of this with three lightweight (22 gram) caribiners. Check out this video:

Woodsmanship 101 - "Hangin' around" - YouTube

Using 3 lightweight carabineers is a good solution for lifting a single load. Still more friction than having actual pulleys - but is better than friction directly over the limb. However, the hoist (Pack-A-Pull) in this video shared by Eagle is for two loads with 4 pulleys. Only 4oz of hardware to lift two independent loads from one set of hardware. Allows you to divide up the load with less cord then hanging two hoists (or sets of carabineers)... Since the loads are independent, when you want to pack out one bag of meat, no need to lower them both - lower one and leave the other hanging in the tree.
But if you have one heavier load to lift (whole deer for example) use it in a 4:1 configuration... 200lbs is more like 50lbs. Great for hanging a deer for in the field skinning and deboning to keep it clean.