Pack back pain

Picked up a new pack this year, Seek outside Fortress 6300. Watched all of their videos multiple times, ask some roksliders for advice and continuously made adjustments.

I can’t seem to get the pack dialed in right. Even with a light load for day hunts, Ill get back pain through the day.

Is there something i’m missing or is this one of the circumstances where a frame doesn’t work for a body type?

Lots of possibilities for the cause of your issues. Poor fit for your body shape, improper wearing on your part, poorly loaded weight in the pack, and many others could all be contributing to your issues. Perhaps a call to the folks at Seek Outside to ask for some help or posting some pictures of yourself wearing the pack so that the fit can be assessed by those of us here would help you come to a conclusion.

Marble

WKR
Maybe a little more description than just back pain. Could be a lot of stuff.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

DavePwns

WKR
I'd try out a couple different packs from buddies with a load, packs are definitely like a pair of boots, some work amazing for some while others have a horrible fit and a miserable experience. Typically if you can get most of the load onto your hips, there should be minimal strain on your back. If you have tried other packs and you are still having issues, go see a physical therapist that hunts

zacattack

WKR
Picked up a new pack this year, Seek outside Fortress 6300. Watched all of their videos multiple times, ask some roksliders for advice and continuously made adjustments.

I can’t seem to get the pack dialed in right. Even with a light load for day hunts, Ill get back pain through the day.

Is there something i’m missing or is this one of the circumstances where a frame doesn’t work for a body type?
You should probably call them and explain exactly what is happening and where the pain is. I was having lower back pains with a pack from a different company but the customer service knew exactly what was wrong and how to fix it. They deal with these packs and fit issues everyday, they can probably help you a lot faster.

GotDraw?

WKR
One possibility--

If you're overweight with Love Handles/Muffin-Top, then high odds that is the problem, not the backpack's problem.

Backpack hip belts are meant to be centered on the top ridge of your pelvis' iliac crest. If you're enough overweight, then the fat on your hips won't allow the belt to stay properly positioned. Your hip belt will slide down and the sides of your pelvis won't be able to properly carry/suspend your belt and the pack's weight. If belt isn't suspended from your hips, this forces the entire weight of the pack onto the sacrum pad and concentrates all of the load on your lower back.

Perfect recipe for back pain. Not the pack's fault. If this is the issue, then correct it by losing the muffing top and uncovering your iliac crests.

Best,

JL