Pack Build-Along, Frame and All

WoodBow

WKR
That's awesome. Now I know where to go when I need some help :p

I haven't used the cutthroats on game yet, but I love them. No doubt they'll do what they need to when the time comes.

I was up in western OK (sandy sanders). Very new experience for me, coming from hunting the mountains of Pa. Kind of training for future western hunts. Awesome place, but unlike any whitetail hunting I've done before.

Great looking hog btw!

I gotcha. Oklahoma has some good looking stuff. The non resident license cost has always kind of kept me away. They seem to have a lot more quality public land than we do.

I was seconds away from a solid shot opportunity on a big doe when that pig came in and blew them out. He paid dearly for the disturbance. I shot him quartering away, breaking a rib on entry, and exiting through the off side leg. Fletchings did not penetrate. I was a little bummed about penetration. I'm shooting a 508 grain arrow at 272 fps. I mean it certainly did the job. I stepped it off and he ran 15 yds. He was dead in 2 seconds probably. I do love watching them fall. I found the front half of the arrow with broadhead a few days later when i went back. Even with the edge beginning to rust, it would still shave some. Not dings or chips in the blade. Looks like new besides the rust.

I'm shooting 150s. Yours looks like a 200 or 250? How are they flying for you? Recurve or compound?

OP
Tartan

Tartan

WKR
I gotcha. Oklahoma has some good looking stuff. The non resident license cost has always kind of kept me away. They seem to have a lot more quality public land than we do.

I was seconds away from a solid shot opportunity on a big doe when that pig came in and blew them out. He paid dearly for the disturbance. I shot him quartering away, breaking a rib on entry, and exiting through the off side leg. Fletchings did not penetrate. I was a little bummed about penetration. I'm shooting a 508 grain arrow at 272 fps. I mean it certainly did the job. I stepped it off and he ran 15 yds. He was dead in 2 seconds probably. I do love watching them fall. I found the front half of the arrow with broadhead a few days later when i went back. Even with the edge beginning to rust, it would still shave some. Not dings or chips in the blade. Looks like new besides the rust.

I'm shooting 150s. Yours looks like a 200 or 250? How are they flying for you? Recurve or compound?

250 grains out of my fedora longbow. They fly great. Same point of impact and no increase in noise.

5shot

Lil-Rokslider
Pack body is 3/4 done. One side panel left to complete and this thing will be finished up in no time. Starting to really look like a pack bag.

30089041701_310ce3bf72_c.jpg

29544746624_d783871fc3_c.jpg

WoodBow

WKR
Looking legit. What are you using for edge binding? What's the patch say? Where did you get your hypalon amd what thickness?

5shot

Lil-Rokslider
Binding is 1" Grosgrain from Jontay, hypalon is a Neoprene coated nylon from Seattle fabrics - they only have the one thickness, but it is TOUGH. Patch...

5-01-11-pvc-001.jpg

5shot

Lil-Rokslider
Very nicely done sir. Are you using a binding foot with the grosgrain?

Yes, and I would never do it any other way. I will be upgrading to a right angle attachment in the future so that I can do inside curves, but the standard one works really good if you take your time and don't have any really tight corners to deal with.

WoodBow

WKR
I gotta get one. I've been ironing my grosgrain in half and putting it on manually.....it sucks.

5shot

Lil-Rokslider
My machine is an industrial, and I used size 92 bonded nylon. 69 is about as big as you can go on a home machine.