Pack color - deal breaker

mt100gr.

WKR
I'm shopping for a new multi day pack. I currently have a mystery ranch that I'm real happy with but it's not big enough for multi day trips. Ever article I read points me towards stone glacier in the comfort and reliability department however their color options are pretty much a deal breaker. When I'm trying to seal the deal on a really mature bull in archery I always have my face painted and camo patterns have been a big deal to me. To go and throw a bright reflective grey pack on seems like it would really lower my odds for camouflage. I even appreciate the darker solids that kuiu, exo and mystery offer but definitely not the lighter grey or tan. It's frustrating because I think stone glacier actually has the pest pack aside from this. Will probably go with kuiu or exo. Anyone else struggled with this decision based on colors?
I definitely think that you are over thinking this. Just for fun though, what is your go-to camo? And how often do you end up in the final part of your stalk with your frame pack on your back?

OP
Sethroski

Sethroski

FNG
I have a kifaru coyote amr on my SG frame, fits fine and I have a amr in highlander for sale in the classifieds. No problem using a different brand bag if you can make it work out. I know the amr fits a SG x-curve or krux frame.

I purchased the coyote amr because I prefer not to have a camo pack, different strokes for different folks.....be happy and use what you think is best for you since your own opinion should be your guide.....
Thank you. Very insightful reply.

MattB

WKR
I'm shopping for a new multi day pack. I currently have a mystery ranch that I'm real happy with but it's not big enough for multi day trips. Ever article I read points me towards stone glacier in the comfort and reliability department however their color options are pretty much a deal breaker. When I'm trying to seal the deal on a really mature bull in archery I always have my face painted and camo patterns have been a big deal to me. To go and throw a bright reflective grey pack on seems like it would really lower my odds for camouflage. I even appreciate the darker solids that kuiu, exo and mystery offer but definitely not the lighter grey or tan. It's frustrating because I think stone glacier actually has the pest pack aside from this. Will probably go with kuiu or exo. Anyone else struggled with this decision based on colors?
Even if you wore your pack on your front rather than your back, I wouldn't sweat it.

gexpro

WKR
Classified Approved
Since we are talking about colors and how it doesn't matter what type of colors or camouflage you should wear..
Isn't it fairly important to wear patterns that at least break up your outline? IE Camouflage?!

Aren't most predatory animals in the wild uniquely patterned with high/low contrast colors to break up outline to avoid being spotted from the prey?

99.999 percent of the time wind is the biggest factor obviously.. But wearing a pattern to break up ones outline is pretty beneficial especially if you spot and stalk..

to answer Ops question, I make my purchase and use on equipment based on my application and not because of appearance.

peterk123

WKR
At 300 yards, even your camo outfit looks like a big gray or brown blob. Hunting companies have done an excellent job convincing us that we need the latest patterns to stay hidden. Think about your quarry for a moment. I can't think of one that I hunt that wears a camo pattern. Most of them are solid brown blobs with some sort of bright white on them. I still can't see them, unless they move. I repeat....... unless they move.

I think it’s great to be all camo’d out... but I distrust anyone dressed head to toe in the same pattern. I once left my camo pack stashed in some brush and it took me 1/2 hr to find it when I got back.😂😂

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I rarely wear any camp other than a few pairs of pants I have. I’ve also never painted my face. I havnt killed as much as some guys here in rokslide but I’ve don’t ok for myself.

it doesn't matter for many reasons.... the only important thing is.... it doesn't matter. you are way overthinking it. i don't care about camo patterns, and never paint my face, and they don't care... if they catch you moving they see you, if not, they don't.... movement, noise and wind are all that really matters.

i have never had a problem getting close... if i did, i would make the adjustment, but it really doesn't matter

Last edited:

Rock-o

WKR
What if I told you that no matter the color it's still camo? Solids are camo too.

Vaultman

WKR
I am a camo disgrace in the woods, mixed patterns, sometimes none at all, just muted regular stuff, never been an issue if I was right with the wind, still and silent. Hate to admit it here but I once got a stupid good deal, like 70 percent off from Midway, on a 10 point x bow I have killed a bunch of deer with in Kansas, in Pink Muddy Girl camo. My excuse is I ordered for my two daughters but they only rifle hunt. Was going to paint it, but after year one success on a old 14 pt said who cares. Hot pink for me. Lol
If I could give you a double "like", I would! 👍👍

Rokwiia

WKR
When I'm trying to seal the deal on a really mature bull in archery I always have my face painted and camo patterns have been a big deal to me. Anyone else struggled with this decision based on colors?

Another option you have is to go with a custom Seek Outside that you could do in multicam. That includes the main bag and pockets, suspension, and accents. That way, you get the camo backpack you want and can have the exact features you want. You can customize based on the 3,500ci, 4,800ci, 5,400ci, or 6,300ci models.

Here is the 5,400ci that you customize from the ground up:

https://seekoutside.com/5400-series-custom-backpack/

slick

WKR
Anyone else struggled with this decision based on colors?

Nope.

If you’re really happy with MR buy another MR pack, but bigger. Buy a Kifaru bag to put on your guide light frame, etc.

Crazy how all those reflective SG packs are packing out so many critters. Must be cause the animal thinks it’s looking in the mirror. I know I haven’t sealed the deal on multiple big bulls, but I also haven’t ever shot something over my back. Is that the secret to big bull slaying?