Pack cross-compatibility?

footingit

FNG
Hey all! I’m furiously researching packs, looking for something of a do-it-all pack. It will see the most use saddle hunting white tails in the Midwest but I also want to run it for backpack camping and future western hunts.

Im trying to determine what are the most flexible/versatile systems since my needs will be varied. Hs anyone put together a good resource on pack cross compatibility? Not just for frames but also accessories.

Seems like the Kifaru frame is king and can take an Exo pack with minimal modification, I’ve also heard it can take a Kuiu bag. Also pretty much all Kifaru bags seem compatible with all generations of their frames. And obviously they have lots of accessories.

Anyone know of any other cross compatibility? It looks like the Seek Outside bags/frames have tons of attachment loops so I imagine they are fairly cross compatible though might need a bit of work with buckles/straps since they don’t run 1” webbing natively.

Thanks all! This forum is a great resource!

Btaylor

WKR
If the kifaru frame fits you well, I think you would be hard pressed to find a better setup than the stryker xl or hellbender depending on which bag you like the best. I am seriously considering it for the same reasons you are looking at it, saddle hunting, western day hunt pack with ability to add a camp bag and backpack hunt if the need or want too arises.

OP
footingit

footingit

FNG
Yeah those are definitely in the running, but I’d like to keep this thread focused on the cross compatibility rather than just another pack recommendation thread :)

I think that's a fair question. I wish I had an answer for you. I wouldn't hesitate to use other pack bags on my F1 mainframe if I could. I'm sure others feel the same about whatever frame they're using.

Btaylor

WKR
Yeah those are definitely in the running, but I’d like to keep this thread focused on the cross compatibility rather than just another pack recommendation thread :)
My current whitetail pack is a kuiu venture 1800. Wanted a little more flexibility for carrying camera gear so I added my kifaru sherman pocket. took a couple minutes and I now have a lot more functionality with that pack.

Rock-o

WKR
...Seek Outside bags... don’t run 1” webbing natively.

I really like my Kifaru frame and bag, but I have a desire to attach a Seek Outside bag to the Kifaru frame. For no reason other than curiosity. I don't have the bag and don't know where to start. I don't want to buy the bag if it's not possible. Surely somebody has done it.

I really like my Kifaru frame and bag, but I have a desire to attach a Seek Outside bag to the Kifaru frame. For no reason other than curiosity. I don't have the bag and don't know where to start. I don't want to buy the bag if it's not possible. Surely somebody has done it.
While all tho it might not be perfect, I think you could just order 1" gate keepers from seek and put them on your Kifaru straps and the hook side would just be a little large in the loop on the bag but it wouldn't come off.

wnelson14

WKR
Classified Approved
I had a kifaru ultralite frame that only had the 3 loop attachments on either side and tried to make an Exo bag work, but making a load shelf wasn’t possible, on the newer kifaru frames that have 5 loops on either side, would of probably made it work perfect using the extra loops to strap meat to the frame. The Exo bag would work perfect on a SG frame with changing some straps and buckles on the bag. But to be honest every manufacture has a good variety of bags just get a frame that fits good and get there size appropriate bag

Bloodsoakedberber

Lil-Rokslider
I fit a mystery ranch mule onto a kifaru bikini frame. I saw someone do it on here in a for sale post and followed his lead.

twall13

WKR
I've been using Exo bags on my Kifaru frame for several years now, but both the frame and bags are a couple of generations old now so I can't really comment on current compatibilities. No issues using Exo's old blaze orange style crib load pannel with the Kifaru frame either, it works perfectly.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

*zap*

WKR
Well, the 'king' of frames is the one that fits/works best for you...not necessarily kifaru.

It takes actually using different frames for a while to determine which is best for you. One advantage kifaru has is that if you choose to get the customizable frame stays you can bend them to fit.

Stone Glacier is also right up there but does not offer that option...

n8towles

FNG
Been wondering this cross comparability myself - seems that kifaru frame has ability to play nice with a ton of packs but their packs aren’t as easy to attach to other frames

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk