Pack dump

Does anyone want to do a pack dump and share what you keep in your pack/ pockets/ belt holster, shoulder holster, bino holster, etc? What gear do you keep on you? Backpacking hunt/ day hunting out of basecamp/ drop camp? Going to Alaska bow hunting out of a drop camp and want to know what all of you with experience have done/ would do? Thanks in advance!!

My Bino harness for AK moose drop off by float plane hunt next month will have my binoculars and tripod adapter, range finder, mini bic lighter, firestarter, wind checker, mini sharpie marker, In Reach mini, some aqua mira tablets, headlamp, toilet paper, 50' of string, some biodegradable flagging tape, hunting license and tags, and a havalon.

My Bino harness for AK moose drop off by float plane hunt next month will have my binoculars and tripod adapter, range finder, mini bic lighter, firestarter, wind checker, mini sharpie marker, In Reach mini, some aqua mira tablets, headlamp, toilet paper, 50' of string, some biodegradable flagging tape, hunting license and tags, and a havalon.
No snacks or a tarp?

AKaDougie

FNG
Will always have binos, weapon and tags.
Everything else depends on location, hunt type, weather and if with another hunter.

A drop camp I would stay within a few miles of base camp. Packing a moose out more than 2 miles is a huge effort. Try to call moose in closer to camp, if in mid to late September. Call from one location with advantage to see area and come back day after day, you will be surprised.
Are you going into a location where you can debone? I carry different game bags for moose when I do not debone.

Macholeo

FNG
Will always have binos, weapon and tags.
Everything else depends on location, hunt type, weather and if with another hunter.

A drop camp I would stay within a few miles of base camp. Packing a moose out more than 2 miles is a huge effort. Try to call moose in closer to camp, if in mid to late September. Call from one location with advantage to see area and come back day after day, you will be surprised.
Are you going into a location where you can debone? I carry different game bags for moose when I do not debone.

Which bags do you like for moose?

Montucky

WKR
Classified Approved
My plan is to carry-on bino bivy, so once in Anchorage replenish with 2 lighters & a Havalon w/blades & tags

Antares

WKR
Binos (15s), tripod adapter, rangefinder, cleaning cloth, Zeiss wipes, and InReach mini in my bino harness, three fresh rounds in my right pants pocket, and cellphone in a quart ziplock in my left pants pocket.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’ve usually got a bino harness on me with my tags and some ammo as well as my range finder and 8x conquests. In my raft I have a smaller drybag that is my kill kit, I keep a saw, knives, bags, citric acid, small spray bottle, cord, etc. sometimes I throw some other stuff in there like cloth tape, coffee packets etc so I can keep coffee on while cutting all night. If I’m float hunting I usually just use dry bags and strap them onto a Barney’s frame when I need to carry them. One dry bag for my camp gear, one for the kill kit and one for things I’ll need during the day.

How big is that bino harness lol

OP
B
Thanks for sharing guys! I'm sure lots of others like hearing what you all have to share and it sure gets me more hyped for hunting season!

AKaDougie

FNG
Which bags do you like for moose?
Caribou Gear, Tag, Argali are the bags I use. Different sizes for whatever hunt I'm on.
Bone in - 28x60 bags for quarters (ribs if required) and some other smaller bags for other meat.
Deboned - This year I'm running Argali high country bags 17x29. This is for backpack hunting.

TSAMP

WKR
AGK cub with Max pocket. I pare things down. For instance it isn't a whole roll of toilet paper, just enough to get the job done a time or two. surveyors tape isn't a whole roll, just enough to blood trail if I have to.
Why not just use bits of TP also flag blood trail? Just saved you .09 Oz, thatll be $145.