Pack fitting (MN)

Deadric

FNG
Any MN flatlanders have a place they've gone to get pack fitting done and were happy with the results? I purchased a Kifaru pack (without getting fitted by someone who knows what their doing) two years ago just going off the measurements they ask for and after using it on a few hunts now I just dont think it fits me right at all (pulls on my shoulders really bad). Would like to bring it to someone who knows what theyre doing and see if they can make it work for me and if not help me get a pack that will.

Mostly using it for western hunts. CO elk.

OctoberGold

Lil-Rokslider
REI or Midwest Mountaineering might be able to help. Although they tend to look at you like you have an extra eye in your forehead when you tell them how much weight you are planning to carry. Otherwise, EXO has a good pack fitting video on youtube and the general ideas will transfer over to your Kifaru. You could also try giving Kifaru a call directly and see what they suggest.

bsnedeker

WKR
Any MN flatlanders have a place they've gone to get pack fitting done and were happy with the results? I purchased a Kifaru pack (without getting fitted by someone who knows what their doing) two years ago just going off the measurements they ask for and after using it on a few hunts now I just dont think it fits me right at all (pulls on my shoulders really bad). Would like to bring it to someone who knows what theyre doing and see if they can make it work for me and if not help me get a pack that will.

Have you called and talked to the folks at Kifaru? If you take some pictures with some weight in the pack they can tell you exactly how to adjust it.

have you watched their pack fitting videos? if not, do. i would also recommend watching the pack fit videos that EXO has made, as well as seek outside (all on youtube) though you have a kifaru, pack fitment is pack fitment, the same basics apply.

it for sure isn't fit right for you by your description

RGARNER

Lil-Rokslider
Exo has the best step by step videos that I have seen that would work for any pack.

aron @ kifaru has done quite a few pack fitting videos if you look for em. I'm just northwest of the TC metro but not sure I could provide any value that isn't freely available on the internet with pack fitting vids.

Sometimes a pack just doesn't work well for certain bodies. It's part of why you see such differing opinions on everyone's favorite pack. Kifaru didn't work well for me compared to others but plenty of people have a polar opposite experience.

Scoot

WKR
Where are you located in MN? Also, check out the videos mentioned above. After that, call Kifaru... they are super helpful and will get you taken care of.

My recommendation is, after following the above advice, don't be afraid to try a different brand. I too had a Kifaru and no matter what I did (including texting Snyder personally, which is insanely good service), I just couldn't get it to feel "right". I tried SG's x-curve frame and immediately fell in love. If I could figure out how to put a Kifaru bag on a SG frame I'd be in heaven.

Goatie

Lil-Rokslider
I’m in Minnesota and used a mystery ranch pack that fit incorrectly a few seasons until I watched those kifaru videos. I used the same ideas on where things should sit on your body, just pack design varied. I recently watched a pack fitting at REI that made me cringe after doing mountain hunts 7 years now and knowing proper fit.

tracker12

WKR
I recently purchased a duplex lite frame and while the quality was great it just felt like to much pack to use as a day pack. I returned it and will continue to use a dedicated day pack to hunt and switch out if I need to haul. I’m hunt from a base camp. I have to say Kifaru was great to deal with on the return