WTB Pack for 1st Elk Hunt

SirRomey

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep an eye on Camofire. They randomly put MR bags on there for discounted rates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jn78

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What pack do you currently have? If you do any backpacking at all and already have a pack, 200 bucks may not get you much of an upgrade.

Sure, if you find a good used pack in your price range - Kifaru, Exo, MR, SG, ect. jump on it, but that is probably not gonna happen.

I think 200 bucks is sort of no man's land for a pack. So, If I was in your shoes, I would do one of two things. I would either keep an eye on Craigslist and pick up an old, cheap, medium volume backpacking pack. You should be able to get something like an Osprey, Dana, Gregory, ect. for cheap - like sub 50 bucks. Use the thing a year or two and then throw it back on CL when you are ready to get what you really want.

Or I would buy a good frame now and buying a pack when you can. This probably makes sense in the long-term, but it is not that convenient to lash a drybag to your frame.

Also, I know you are not asking, but if I was on a limited budget, I would not spend much at all on clothes - you can walk into Costco with a couple hundred bucks and have basically all the clothes you need, with very little performance penalty over the fancy stuff.

fatlander

WKR
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Mystery ranch terraframe would get the nod. They go on sale very frequently at REI, camp saver, moosejaw, Sierra trading post, etc. and they’re between 200 and 250. For the money, you’re not going to get a better deal.

If you’re a firefighter, LEO, or military mystery ranch also gives you a deal that can’t be beat and will get you a pack in your budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk