pack goat breeders

InDeep

WKR
Hello all ,

I'm looking to get 4 this spring . I know of the 2 good breeders but I'm checking to see if anyone knows of anyone that they have used in the past

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
A good string needs a mix of Alpines and Obers or Alpine/Ober cross.

I would look at Skalkaho Pack Goats for Alpines and Circle33 pack goats for Obers.

Always ask to see the mom and dad from any breeder. You don't want to waste 3 years on a shit goat.

You will hear you have to have Dwight Sharp goats to pack. Don't believe the hype there are lots of good breeders out there. You want good genetics that produces 200+ pound goats.

Last edited:
I have a really nice string I have built over the last 3 years. It is built totally from Craigslist Bucks I wethered. I have 2 Alpines, 1 Toggenberg, 1 Sannen. In my opinion if you get a goat that is about 2 years old bottle bsby or not you csn make a good packer out of them. It come down to good food, time spent in the goat pasture and training. Maybe I have just been luck but my lightest goat is 190# and Biggest guy is 220#. I actually likevthe 190#/ 200# guys best. They seem lighter on there feet and more agile even under load

Attachments

• DSCN0818.JPG
    DSCN0818.JPG
    308.5 KB · Views: 83
  • 20191210_201423.jpg
    20191210_201423.jpg
    586.3 KB · Views: 82
We will have babies for sale this Spring. We have 4 Dwite Sharp does that we are breeding to our Circle 33 oberhalsi buck. Last spring, our does had big babies. 120 lbs at 6 months old.

We will have babies for sale this Spring. We have 4 Dwite Sharp does that we are breeding to our Circle 33 oberhalsi buck. Last spring, our does had big babies. 120 lbs at 6 months old.
I'm looking for two this spring. I currently have one Oberhasli and am looking at getting 2 Obers from Circle 33 or 2 Alpines from Trinity but your crosses from two great breeders sound intriguing. Were last spring's kids the same cross or full Alpine? What are you selling them for and do you have a waitlist? PM if you want.

Without breaking down all the details right here (which I could do but not even I have the attention span to read all that) basically they are 1/2 Alpine with some extra good stuff being the other half. My two boys are now 9 months old and are weighing 160 and 155 lbs on the scale. They each have twin sisters. Their twin sisters were bred by my Circle 33 Ober (I had no intention of breeding them their first year but goats are surprisingly sneaky, naughty, and fertile). My other does were bred again by the same buck for a repeat of my babies I had last spring. I am taking reservations for kids. Go ahead and PM me for more details.

Pictured is Milo. 1/2 Alpine, 1/4 Ober, 1/8 Saanen, 1/8 Boer. All Dwite Sharp genetics. I took this picture last Sunday right before I weighed him. 160 lbs at 9 months old. DTBT3594[1].JPG

Dan Davis

FNG
Without breaking down all the details right here (which I could do but not even I have the attention span to read all that) basically they are 1/2 Alpine with some extra good stuff being the other half. My two boys are now 9 months old and are weighing 160 and 155 lbs on the scale. They each have twin sisters. Their twin sisters were bred by my Circle 33 Ober (I had no intention of breeding them their first year but goats are surprisingly sneaky, naughty, and fertile). My other does were bred again by the same buck for a repeat of my babies I had last spring. I am taking reservations for kids. Go ahead and PM me for more details.

Pictured is Milo. 1/2 Alpine, 1/4 Ober, 1/8 Saanen, 1/8 Boer. All Dwite Sharp genetics. I took this picture last Sunday right before I weighed him. 160 lbs at 9 months

Pictured is Milo. 1/2 Alpine, 1/4 Ober, 1/8 Saanen, 1/8 Boer. All Dwite Sharp genetics. I took this picture last Sunday right before I weighed him. 160 lbs at 9 months old. View attachment 243119
Currently looking at adding two more pack goats. Could you please pm or call me at 1(208)446-9261 Thanks

Hello all ,

I'm looking to get 4 this spring . I know of the 2 good breeders but I'm checking to see if anyone knows of anyone that they have used in the past
I just registered my pack goat business with Idaho this past week. Brush Mountain Pack Goats. I don’t have a website as pack goats are not a big money maker. PM me if your interested. My goats are specifically bred for packing, these are not Dairy Goat left overs like most breeders have.
Matt

I just registered my pack goat business with Idaho this past week. Brush Mountain Pack Goats. I don’t have a website as pack goats are not a big money maker. PM me if your interested. My goats are specifically bred for packing, these are not Dairy Goat left overs like most breeders have.
Matt
Do you have any packers or kids available?

Bachto

WKR
I'm looking for two this spring. I currently have one Oberhasli and am looking at getting 2 Obers from Circle 33 or 2 Alpines from Trinity but your crosses from two great breeders sound intriguing. Were last spring's kids the same cross or full Alpine? What are you selling them for and do you have a waitlist? PM if you want.
I can vouch for Bri and her goats ( I have one from her and have been to her farm). I live literally a mile from Trinity. I did not get goats from him as I was "On his list" last October and then I got an email from him in March after trying to get ahold him to see when the 3 whethers I was supposed to get from him would be ready and he basically said "sorry bud I sell my goats to Marc Warnke now you have to go through him" Which then doubled the price from $200-$300 a goat to $575 and of course then would have to go to Boise to get them instead of a mile from my house. So I am not sure if you have even talked to Dave there yet but I would proceed with caution as I got burned. Luckily didn't put any money down but at that point was scrambling to find babies and most breeders had all their whethers spoken for.

I can vouch for Bri and her goats ( I have one from her and have been to her farm). I live literally a mile from Trinity. I did not get goats from him as I was "On his list" last October and then I got an email from him in March after trying to get ahold him to see when the 3 whethers I was supposed to get from him would be ready and he basically said "sorry bud I sell my goats to Marc Warnke now you have to go through him" Which then doubled the price from $200-$300 a goat to $575 and of course then would have to go to Boise to get them instead of a mile from my house. So I am not sure if you have even talked to Dave there yet but I would proceed with caution as I got burned. Luckily didn't put any money down but at that point was scrambling to find babies and most breeders had all their whethers spoken for.
if that's true it sucks, I have bought goats from Dave (trinity) and they have been pretty good. I knew that Warnke was getting kids from him but hadn't heard that he was buying all of Trinity's new bucklings...

GarisonJ

FNG
Matt
Matt, will you have any wethers available this spring?
Thanks in advance